Polaris ATV Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Found a decent deal on these, but the interwebs says the Ranger uses a different thread wheel stud.

Is that going to prevent my using these? Wouldn't mind picking these up, putting the new GBC on and selling the other tires/wheel set.

ITP SS212 12x7 4/156 4+3, alloy wheels, includes lug nuts, 3 new + 1 used. Will fit 2013 Polaris 900 Ranger

For reference, the current wheel setup:

· Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,556 Posts
The Ranger uses a different wheel stud but that may be because the hub is different. As Sprotsman says, alloy to alloy, should work. Worse case is you need to buy new studs. Do a dry fit before you purchase. If it works your golden, if not keep looking.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Ended up missing out on the other set, but found these Ranger takeoffs for a hundred on Marketplace. Not as great condition as mine, but not shiny, which matters to me. Ended up needing wheel spacers to clear and be able to use the OEM center cap, which I'm not thrilled about.

The original alloys were installed on the wrong (original) studs. I'm pretty sure the Ranger studs are the same, just longer.

Not very much in the way of grip on the threads on my current setup, guess I'm glad it never really got thrashed hard.

We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Well, its been awhile. Time to update. New tires on new wheels. Someone definitely smoking something at Mudzilla calling them 27" tires. GBC are much bigger, clearly.

We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Well, guess what doesn't work again!

Winch power out. Which I found out after I went to hook up the Glacier plow and bail out my LWN Colorado with a plow and wet snow.

I cheated and didn't replace the contactor or handle switch last time, leaving the new Milemarker parts in my rando electrical pile, so this time is a full install.

So I just bombed through all the snow and roostered a bunch of it into the trees and cleared some easier paths for my Colorado to air down and get traction.

· Registered
1,027 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Everything I own is modified, so it's easier to keep track of if I centralize things. I started when I bought my LWN Colorado, and expanded it to all my garage stuff. It's also a template for insurance if things go wrong and I need to claim more than what a stock vehicle would have.

@RBsmallengine82 303 is an "aerospace" industry protectant fluid that popped up in the Jeep world some time ago because it helps old faded plastics regain their original color. It's like a much more effective version of Armor All, but without the slippery shine garbage.

· Registered
133 Posts
Everything I own is modified, so it's easier to keep track of if I centralize things. I started when I bought my LWN Colorado, and expanded it to all my garage stuff. It's also a template for insurance if things go wrong and I need to claim more than what a stock vehicle would have.

@RBsmallengine82 303 is an "aerospace" industry protectant fluid that popped up in the Jeep world some time ago because it helps old faded plastics regain their original color. It's like a much more effective version of Armor All, but without the slippery shine garbage.
Where would one get that stuff?

Oh, by the way, nice rebuild you did there.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Thanks. Not quite an in-depth build as others, but I got lucky with a good find.

Where would one get that stuff?

Oh, by the way, nice rebuild you did there.
Amazon has it here, and West Marine probably has it wildly overpriced like everything else in there if you prefer shopping locally.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Well, the contactor is in, but the Milemarker unit is taller than the OEM Polaris, so the bolt holes don't line up together. One is enough, but will think about a better mount bracket. Don't like plastics sitting that heavily on it.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Flash photography

Wired in the remote plug to add some capability, but that definitely made wiring somewhat challenging.

Sportsman has a new port:

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

61 - 79 of 79 Posts