Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to run a 2006 sportsman 500 efi without a battery or is their a mod that will allow this ?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I will venture to say no. You need it to run the pdm. Besides without a battery you can easily blow up all the electronics, bulbs and stuff with an overcharge situation. The battery acts as a reservoir for extra voltage the stator produces. Best get yourself a battery.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^What he said. If you have EFI and not enough/no battery, your dead in the water.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Curious. Why wouldn't you want to run it with a battery??

And like stated above, battery is a critical element for the electrical system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Efi

i'm not trying to run without a battery, i was trying to figure out if the battery went dead while on a long ride what options would i have . i guess i would be walkin.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you have a recoil starter, even if the battery is too low to crank it, you'd probably be able to get it started. But as stated previously I wouldn't run it without battery installed, and that's a moot point since you said that's not your intention.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I will venture to say no. You need it to run the pdm. Besides without a battery you can easily blow up all the electronics, bulbs and stuff with an overcharge situation. The battery acts as a reservoir for extra voltage the stator produces. Best get yourself a battery.
This. Gotta have a battery in it or bigger issues on the horizon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Efi

THANKS TO ALL, ASKED AND ANSWERED. I PUT IN A NEW AGM BATTERY JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.:veryhappy:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
i'm not trying to run without a battery, i was trying to figure out if the battery went dead while on a long ride what options would i have . i guess i would be walkin.

Lol! Yes, not good to have a dead batt on the trails. I keep jumper cables in my box and always keep my battery on a tender.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts