Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 2 months have stumped me to why my Atv is not holding a charge, i've gotten a brand new battery and it still keeps going dead, (I don't know if this is a sign but the speedometer is not working correctly, it just kind of moves randomly around and upside down). i'm having to always charge my Atv after every ride i go on. the battery just keeps going dead. i've tested it with a meter and its getting the same voltage as its running at 3000 rpm's as to when its off, then the voltage slowly creeps down and dies, the 4x4 turns off and yeah. I've ben reading online that it could be the wires(which i've checked) it could be the voltage regulator, or it could be a stator. and i don't want to drop too much money if thats not the problem.

if anyone could help, that would be very appreciated,
thanks,
Mike
p.s. not sure if it will work but im leaving a picture in the attachments of the front whare i thin the vr is, if somone could point out which peice it is that would be great.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Your charging system is not working which could be the voltage regulator or the stator as you mentioned, download a manual for your machine and start with a volt meter and work back from the battery to the voltage reg and on to the stator if your stator is putting out then it's the voltage reg. if not then it's the stator, check the wires all the way and look for chaffing/breaks. If you have a shop do it you will drop more money than doing it yourself, if it's worth fixing then put the money in it new quads aren't cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks for the help again, i did end up finding the problem, after ordering a new voltage regulator, i was extremely dissatisfied to find that my voltage regulator was...... just unplugged......-face palm- apparently when my dad installed my new winch when taking off the bumper not knowing what the box was,
forgot to plug it back in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts