Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m looking at my first quad and have been offered what looks like a good deal on a 4 year old etx with 180 hours. Will be used for light farm / moving timber. Anything I should look out for. Like the look of the etx, but is a Honda 420 going to be more reliable?

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
For the farm Hondas are perfect. they are known to be reliable!! the Polaris is going to need more TLC but its also a simpler machine that is easier to work on. do you have a particular honda you're looking at???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at either trx420 or a 500, I will likely only use it once or twice a week, the Honda is coming in at £1500 more and I’m not finding one with the low hours of the Won’t be worked hard, but want something that will run without problems.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
You will have problems with all brands - I take care of a guy with two TRX500FW w/ESP - he has two so when one is being repaired he uses the other one - he just recently had to have a broken output shaft replaced in the engine of one and the other has had multiple problems with the electric shift. Whatever you get, consider having a spare if you are going to use it daily and depend on it.

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
You know I realize this isn't a fought to most people but depending on how much you use a wheeler whether it be work or recreational having a spare is a nice convenience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts