Polaris ATV Forum banner

sportsman front and rear brushgaurds

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  T. Texas Tony 
#1 ·
Anyone have the factory brush guards? Anyone having issues with them cracking? My front has been ok but the rear one has cracks on the 90 degree bends. Never hit anything. First the left side and I welded it, today the right side.
2015 sportsman 570

#2 ·
Go check out ATVGuru for brush guards!!! Throw this factory ones away or give them away either way get rid of them. At least that's what I did and haven't looked back since.

#3 ·
Funny, I just installed new front/rear brush/bumper guards today. First off ATV Guru really look's to have some nice brush/bumper guards. I emailed them to get a shipping quote and the owner John was the one that replied to my email.

I was debating on getting them from ATV Guru or SuperATV and I decided to go with SuperATV. I ordered them from Amazon, but they was shipped direct from SuperATV. The research I was doing from Amazon comments on SuperATV I was getting reading's of mixed comments, such as this will not fit a 2008 or this will not fit a 2007 or this will not fit, etc,etc,etc. Supposedly the brush guards I needed they advertised as fitting a 2005-2010 Polaris Sportsman on SuperATV website.

Some comments was saying this will not fit and others was saying it does fit with a slightly minor modification. I went ahead and ordered them from Amazon and found out the only modification I had to do on my 2008 PS 500 HO Touring was I shimmed were the headlight part bolts on to keep it from rubbing on the plastic front, it just barely did touch there on each end. The shim did the trick for my install.

The SuperATV guard/bumpers are really heavy duty,they was not flimsy at all. They came in the wrinkle black finish. Also came with a LED support if your going to install a LED light bar that is either 6" or 12" length. I got these brush/bumper guards for my 2008 front/rear for $260.00 USD plus free shipping to my door. ATV Guru quoted me $432.00 USD total shipped to my door.

It all breaks down to what you want or need I guess. Good luck with what ever you choose. :smile

Tony

Attachments

Reactions: gearheadesw1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.