Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry. Posted in the wrong section. Let's try this again.

Anyone grenade their front diff and have to purchase a new one? I'm in need of the plastic bushing that the ring gear sits in (#13 in this diagram). Seems like an easy piece to get my hands on but unfortunately it is not sold separately from Polaris or John Deere. Before I go to a machine shop to have this part made, I figured that I would post up here to see what people had sitting around. This is for a 2004.5 700 EFI (Hilliard Diff) but it seems they used the same diff for a number of years and sizes.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2004 06 Polaris Sportsman Ranger 500 Front Differential Roll Cage 3234167 | eBay
is this the part your looking for? if not I might have it but I can't see what item 13 is. I recently changed out my differential. I do not have a good cage.
No, my cage, rollers, and plate seem good. The part that I think (thought) is bad is the plastic Bushing (cup) that surrounds the ring gear in the housing.

I'm not sure if there is really a problem with this part other than its odd to see the end that looks melted. When I first saw this I thought something got chewed up. Then after looking at a few housings on ebay I'm not sure my part looks any different that what im seeing out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am not 100% sure mines the same its out of a 04 1/2 with the central clutch. is that the piece that sits in the main body that the ring gear rides in? kind of keeps it square? Mine looks like its all one piece and not something that's removeable. possibly talking about two different differentials?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Mines a 2004 1/2 as well and yes it is part of the main housing but when the ring gear was pulled out this plastic bushing came with it. Seems like it is just a spacer like you said. So in yours, the plastic part is a fixed part of the housing and does not spin correct? I wonder if I re-install I should affix this thing back to the housing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It is fixed to the housing and does not spin. If you need the housing I would consider selling it. I was going to attempt to rebuild it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts