Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I have a 1999 Sportsman 500 I just bought. I found a couple gas leaks, and have one question regarding a connector or ???.
I see two devices, one of which is a filter, on one of the gas lines. The other line, comes from the "Res-Off-On" selector switch and runs to the carb. That line has a device in it, looks like white plastic, is about 1 1/4" long and slightly over 1/2" in diameter.(close to 17/32 or 9/16"). The filter, of course is larger. This device has a directional arrow on it, pointing in the direction of the carb.

Is it some type of check valve? It seems to be leaking at one end or the other. I don't know if the tubing is split or the device itself is cracked.

Anyone know what it is? I have to replace the switch, probably 3 pieces of tubing and the filter. I don't know about this other device. When I take it apart, I might be able to tell where it's leaking, too.

Thank you
Larry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Looks to me like an inline fuel filter...

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Both of them are filters. You only need one filter in the system although extras are not a bad thing. Usually it is in the line from the on/off to the carb. Someone could have added another filter in the system from the tank to the pump but that would need 2....one for the main and one for the reserve lines. Replace both and move forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts