Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im about to buy a sportsman le 2014 with fox suspension. Im wondering if it is worth it. Is there any problem with it. My riding ll happen in canada in wood, hard pack trails and light mud.

Any review for those shocks would be appreciated.

Thx

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i dont have one..but the ones who do on here and did reviews said its a big improvement...and love the ride...as you stated your riding conditions...you should like it also...just search here and read reviews...

And it will be hard to get lots of replies now...either working or still asleep....this forum covers lots of time zones..lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of my friends updated his 2012 Sportsman 850 xp with the Fox shocks from the Scrambler 850 xp and he loves the way it rides. He said he would do it again. Also you have to factor in for the extra sticker price on the le you are getting the winch and front storage box. If it was me I would buy the le and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I bought one a week ago. I was coming off a 2012 brute 750 eps with Elka shocks. While the Elka shocks r of far higher quality than the fox shocks on my le, the plushness, suspension geometry and handling is better on the Polaris. Amazingly little body roll for such a large machine.

U Could buy a regular 850 xp with eps and then get a winch, front storage and Elka stage 4 and the end result could be better than stock le for more cash....stage 4 elkas r about 3k....I didn't want to mess around doing all that (been there done that) as I wanted the le so it had it all already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
102 Posts
I checked out one at dealership,,weird,they always jack the shocks up so they are real stiff,tough to get a sense how good the shocks are.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ what dealer?

mine was all the way down low when i got it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ah gotcha. buy in NH, no sales tax. good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts