Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All new to the forum and I plan to be an active member here as this is my first "wheeler" but if anybody can give me any idea as to the brand of this kit or manufacture I have spent weeks looking for any kind of kit like this one. I just bought this buggy and I'm doing a make-over on it and kinda wanna know what I'm working with. But no luck in my search hope these pics can help......
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Looks like a custom job to put it nicely!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy I got it from has no clue.... guess I'm gonna just try to go back stock and start over lifting it correctly. I guess my next question is what is needed to keep running my current wheel setup....33.5 bkt on 16" rims....

Attachments

·
9,802 Posts
That's a TOTAL homemade rig you got there OP. There ain't a snowball's chance in hell of putting that machine back stock! Just from the three pictures you posted I can see its got all different suspension mounts welded onto the frame. Homemade tie rods. And who knows what kind of control arms, axles and other backyard engineered parts and pieces and mods have been made?? You'd have more time and money in it than its worth trying to put it back stock.
If you're gonna ride it just patch it up and ride it. You're probably throwing good money after bad to spend much on it IMO.
What year and model was it supposed to have been in its previous life?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a TOTAL homemade rig you got there OP. There ain't a snowball's chance in hell of putting that machine back stock! Just from the three pictures you posted I can see its got all different suspension mounts welded onto the frame. Homemade tie rods. And who knows what kind of control arms, axles and other backyard engineered parts and pieces and mods have been made?? You'd have more time and money in it than its worth trying to put it back stock.
If you're gonna ride it just patch it up and ride it. You're probably throwing good money after bad to spend much on it IMO.
What year and model was it supposed to have been in its previous life?
08 Polaris sportsman 800 I bought a 700 for a parts rig I might see about switch the motor and trans over to that frame and going from there. Think that's a good idea?

·
9,802 Posts
If you have a parts machine that'll help a lot. Sounds like you thought it through more than I'd anticipated.
Keep us updated

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have a parts machine that'll help a lot. Sounds like you thought it through more than I'd anticipated.
Keep us updated
Yeah I have been robbing it for parts to make this one better but I think it's time to put the brakes on it power coat the frame. And get busy and might have it out by sumner.....pics coming soon gonna start a build post tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We started my thread today on the rebuild journey.....thanks to all the answers.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts