Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any difference between a 2007 sportsman 700 efi motor and a 2008 700 x2 efi. if you read my other thread im needing a motor or rebuild. will the x2 match up with mine

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
is there any difference between a 2007 sportsman 700 efi motor and a 2008 700 x2 efi. if you read my other thread im needing a motor or rebuild. will the x2 match up with mine
Sportsman don't have motors, they have engines :chairfall:

That being said there shouldn't be any difference between the two engines. The x2 is just a stretched out normal atv.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize ill work on using correct terminology when asking questions.

The guy I'm looking to buy it from says it won't work because of wiring. All parts are the same but I noticed the stator was a different part number. I haven't had any luck on finding out if the x's motor will work on the regular 700.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Interesting.......maybe they are then that's news to me.

and ps no need to apologize I was just giving you grief :zahn:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been a very hard to find answer.. if the stator is a different wiring can it be swapped.
No problem man all in good fun.

·
11,130 Posts
Polaris says the 08 short block is the same. Only difference I can think of in wiring is that I believe the X2 has turf mode but that shouldn't really matter much. I don't see why it wouldn't work even if you had to swap out a plug in or two.

Year Product Model Assembly
2008 ATV SPORTSMAN X2 700 EFI ENGINE, SHORT BLOCK - A08TN68AX/AZ
2007 ATV SPORTSMAN 700 EFI ENGINE, MOUNTING - A07MH68AX/AY/AZ
2006 ATV SPORTSMAN 700 EFI

Year Product Model Assembly
2008 ATV SPORTSMAN X2 700 EFI ENGINE, SHORT BLOCK - A08TN68AX/AZ
2007 ATV SPORTSMAN 700 EFI ENGINE, MOUNTING - A07MH68AX/AY/AZ
2006 ATV SPORTSMAN 700 EFI ENGINE MOUNTING - A06MH68AQ/AT/AX/AY/AZ

These are direct cross overs from Polaris sight. Top is for 08 X2 bottom is 07 700 efi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for that look up. Only part I'm noticing is different is the stator. Part number and plug length and end. But can that just be swapped.. I heard that some plugs possibly wouldn't fit due to length of the x2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts