Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some legit help and not a book answer, or someone to help explain why the carb model in the book is wrong. I'm replacing the carb on an MV7, the carb model that I have received twice from purchasing via catalogs and websites is not only the wrong one, but they are identical with different serial numbers. I know that they make one for 2004 and before and one for 2005 and later. Yet I can't seem to get one that fits. There is a fuel diagram in my manual that shows 2 distinct fuel lines that attach to the carb, one is a basic fuel line, which I have the fuel nipple/connection point on my carb, the other is the fuel impulse line, that connects to the opposite side of the carb, with a separate fuel line connection port on the carb. If you know a carb number that has the two fuel input lines, can you please share. The book answer will state a certain model number, however I'm looking for someone that might have or know of someone that has an MV7, that they can look at the carb and say this number will work.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should have added the fact that I got the MV7 without a carb, that's why I'm having such a hard time tracking it down.

·
11,155 Posts
I suspected that may be the case. It appears from the microfiche that 04 1/2 and 05 sportsman 700 carbs will work on your machine. There are a couple more on ebay in addition to the one I sent you a link for.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2005 Polaris MV7 A05MH68AP

48 1253563 Asm., Carburetor [AD][Incl. 1-12](Built 1/31/04 and Before, AK/AN) 1 USAGE
48 1203060 Asm., Carburetor [Incl. 1-12](Built 2/01/04 and After, AK/AN) 1 USAGE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2005 Polaris MV7 A05MH68AP

48 1253563 Asm., Carburetor [AD][Incl. 1-12](Built 1/31/04 and Before, AK/AN) 1 USAGE
48 1203060 Asm., Carburetor [Incl. 1-12](Built 2/01/04 and After, AK/AN) 1 USAGE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2005 Polaris MV7 A05MH68AP, this is the model on the engine that I'm trying to find the carb to. Once I pull up the fuel diagram that shows the 2 fuel line connector ports on the carb that I'm looking for, I think it might clear a little of this up. The only carb that I have seen on ebay is here: 99 Polaris Sportsman 335 Carburetor Carb | eBay
However, it is for a 99 Polaris Sportsman 335 Carburetor Carb, not a 700 sportsman MV7 that has duel fuel tanks.

Here is an image of one of the fuel ports on a carb, this is the one that every carb seems to have.

This is the fuel connector port that none of the carbs seem to have, except this one, which is says is for a 335 sportsman, 1999 ATV.

·
11,155 Posts
The carb I linked you to has dual ports (second picture below the main frame) you can barely see the second port. I could be wrong, but as far as that goes you should be able to use a fitting to tie the two lines together if necessary since they both go to the same bowl in the same carburetor anyway and it should work. One is just the main tank and the other a reserve tank rather than the usual setup of a single tank with two different settings for the valve to draw fuel from a high intake or a short intake.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will post for the 5th time, hopefully it will work this time. I found a 500 sportsman Carb at this link: http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-ASM-Polaris-Sportsman-500-Xplorer-500-3130754-/300774575232
This has the two fuel line ports that I'm looking for, where as the one that you posted only had one, it did have the two air line ports though, I think that is what you were looking at. If you can reference the carb at the link above on ebay, it has the best picks to describe that I'm talking about.

Also,

Once I find the PDF doc on the fuel digram, I will add it to this thread and you will see why the carb needs to have the two fuel port connection lines on the carb. Thanks for your time and help on this. I'm in the military and have been deployed or TDY a lot lately and don't get much time with the family, let a lone the quad to try and figure this out.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at the carb that you had posted a pic to, that one only has one fuel connector port on it. I have inquired about that same one on ebay a while back and he confirmed it. Also, I have found the following carb at this link: http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-ASM-Polaris-Sportsman-500-Xplorer-500-3130754-/300774575232

Do you know if a carb for a 500 sportsman will work for the 700? It has the exact fuel connections ports that I'm looking for. Just curious if this will work for a 700.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will post for the 5th time, hopefully it will work this time. I found a 500 sportsman Carb at this link: http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-ASM-Polaris-Sportsman-500-Xplorer-500-3130754-/300774575232
This has the two fuel line ports that I'm looking for, where as the one that you posted only had one, it did have the two air line ports though, I think that is what you were looking at. If you can reference the carb at the link above on ebay, it has the best picks to describe that I'm talking about.

Also,

Once I find the PDF doc on the fuel digram, I will add it to this thread and you will see why the carb needs to have the two fuel port connection lines on the carb. Thanks for your time and help on this. I'm in the military and have been deployed or TDY a lot lately and don't get much time with the family, let a lone the quad to try and figure this out.....

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
the 500 carb does not have 2 fuel-line prts, it has one fuel and the other is vacume that supplys the fuel pumpwith vacume, you can tell which is which if you look at carb closely,one is low on the carb and goes from fuel bowl to fuel line, other is up high on carb and furnishes vacume to the fuel pump, 700 carb is the same, mv has 2 gas tanks but there is a y connector before carb.

·
11,155 Posts
mshuman, the reason your link is failing to post is that you must remove the extra http:// from the front of the url when you copy and paste and then it will work. I'm going to just type it in and look at it but I think Russ is correct I just wasn't saying it the right way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fuel diagram for MV7 carb

OK, So I'm going to attempt to post this fuel diagram and see what you think. I have ordered and received a couple carbs that have only one fuel port on the carb, I'm trying to find a carb that will allow me to connect the impulse line from the fuel pump to the carb, per the diagram attached. What does the impulse line do, and where the does the Y-tue come into play, per the digram, there is no y-tube.
Please let me know what You'all think, once you see the diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 more pics of a 500 carb that has the two connector ports

you can see the two ports that I'm talking about, the first is on the right, the second is on the bottom left.

Attachments

·
11,155 Posts
Yeah, you've got me curious now and I've already downloaded a MV7 service manual to see if something is different but its just like most other carbed polaris machines. The impulse line works the fuel pump with pulses of vacuum through the carb from the engine. As for the 97 500 carb you posted the carb body itself might work but the jetting is all different. According to microfiche the # I gave you originally is correct and should be the same as late model 04 and 05 700. Let me look into this a little more and get back with you. It could be that the impulse line just connects differently.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. I can only go off the fuel diagram and your input, I've just been trying to get this solved for a year now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts