Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
This is my first four wheeler. Everyone's been really helpful with my questions so far,THANKS!
My next question is about buying new wheels. I have a 2003 sportsman 400, the factory tires are 25-8-12 and 25-11-12. Everywhere im looking at aftermarket rims doesn't carry 12x8s or 12x11s , so what size wheels should i be looking at to replace them without having to adjust anything else.
I just do basic trail riding and am only replacing them because I have a bent rim and don't want to pay 140 bucks for a factory rim.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi everyone,
This is my first four wheeler. Everyone's been really helpful with my questions so far,THANKS!
My next question is about buying new wheels. I have a 2003 sportsman 400, the factory tires are 25-8-12 and 25-11-12. Everywhere im looking at aftermarket rims doesn't carry 12x8s or 12x11s , so what size wheels should i be looking at to replace them without having to adjust anything else.
I just do basic trail riding and am only replacing them because I have a bent rim and don't want to pay 140 bucks for a factory rim.
12x7 is what ya need for aftermarket tires, i have sum 12" ITP steel rims in 4+3 offset for 100 if interested

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, so I'll have the same size tires on the front and the back? Also how do I know what offset to get?
I want to look around a bit, can you send me a pic of them on here?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the wheels you are looking for will be 12x7...they will fit 11 in wide tries no problem...make sure you get a 4x156 bolt pattern....and most wheels come in 4+3 offset...

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your bent rim is steel you can straighten it fairly easily. Put a ball peen hammer against the bent area and hit it with another hammer. The size of the bend will dictate what size hammer to use against the wheel. This gives you a much better target to hit than whaling away on the rim hoping to hit the dent. The tire doesn't even need to be removed. Disregard this post if that was just an excuse for new rims!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts