Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently purchased a 2020 sportsman non EPS. It came with steel wheels, but I would like to add the premium Polaris wheels. I was told the lugs on mine are not long enough to attach the premiums. Is there a simple Solution to add these wheels?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
buy them and try them. if there isn't enough meat on the lug bolt you can buy longer ones. it'll take a little time to swap them but nothing difficult or that requires special tools.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buy them and try them. if there isn't enough meat on the lug bolt you can buy longer ones. it'll take a little time to swap them but nothing difficult or that requires special tools.
We tried at the shop, and it does require longer lugs. I’m guessing that’s all I need?

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
yup longer lugs and conical lug nuts. steel rim nuts are flat an wont work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic. Are you able to post a link of where I can get them? The shop only had a few in stock. Are they easy to replace?
Really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Just need a big hammer.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect.
Off topic, I just put my first 10 miles on it today. The engine shut off twice. Once while stuck in a rut at high rpm and once while in idle/low rpm. It fired right back up, but I’m not sure why it just turned off.

·
Registered
912 Posts
What “2020 Sportsman” do you have?
450/570’s are known to do that occasionally. Both mine have done it a few times. BTW-“Stuck in a rut at high rpm’s w/10 miles on it” might not be the best way to break it in!

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
lug nuts are 3/8-24 acorn style

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
The Polaris website it's their big wheel kits.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Perfect.
Off topic, I just put my first 10 miles on it today. The engine shut off twice. Once while stuck in a rut at high rpm and once while in idle/low rpm. It fired right back up, but I’m not sure why it just turned off.
Do you have anything on the key besides the key?Ring?Tag?another key?That a known cause to shut off bike when turning the handle bars

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do have a small keychain, so I will keep an eye on that. Planning to ride this weekend again.
Dirttoo- my local shop has take-off sets they sell. They tried to put them on when I purchased it, but the studs were not long enough, and they didn’t have the longer ones in stock. Hoping to get that setup done soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone know the part number to the longer wheel studs and lugnuts needed to put the alloy wheels on?
this is what they look like: thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
ok so you probably don't need the longer wheel studs. cause those rims wont fit. you will most likely need spacers at least the front. we'll need to test fit them first. the lugs are 3/8-24.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting. So even If I get the wheels and studs, they will not fit?
I know the premium 570 comes with those wheels as standard, and I want them on mine. Let me know what you think!

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
I say get them but yeah the fronts will def need spacers. the rear most likely will need the longer wheel studs that come on the SP. but like I said buy, them try them, and then figure what wheel spacer you need for the front. prob only need 1", lol don't we all!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I say get them but yeah the fronts will def need spacers. the rear most likely will need the longer wheel studs that come on the SP. but like I said buy, them try them, and then figure what wheel spacer you need for the front. prob only need 1", lol don't we all!!!!!
Stupid question, but would it be better to to grab 4 wheel spacers and lugs and mount them on that way? Do you know of any reputable spacers? A link would be very helpful as well!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Wheels you have in picture part #1522545-458 are for Polaris Ranger.
570 Premium front-#1522456-458
rear-#1522455-458
bp405 is correct that the wheels your showing(#1522545-458) will fit your rear. What part number does he have for fronts?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts