Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Its been a while since I have been on here and am in search of a new toy. I ended up selling my sportsman 500 about a year ago so i could move to Alberta. Now that me and the family are settled down I am on the hunt again for a new toy...... this time tho something that the girlfriend and I can go in comfortably. And when my son gets a little older I can take him out on as well.

I started my hunt looking at brand new RZR's, but i can not justify spending as much on a toy as I did my truck. So I turned back to the quads. but now am wondering what I should even look at. I want something with some jam so the 570 is out of the question. I have never ridden a 850 or a 1000 before and I dont want to get a quad that will be throwing me around all day.

So what are you guys thinking, seeing as how my son is just learning to walk, should i just save the money and get a quad and up grade to a used RZR in a few years or should I invest in one now this way when the girlfriend and I go out she is not getting thrown around on the back of the quad all day?

Any and all advice is greatly appretiated.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
take is like a big guy and let her drive,this way you get thrown around , you save money and your girl is happy.
believe me this is the most important part if ist comes to toys and family:veryhappy:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was in a similar situation and got a ranger 570 midsize. The bench seat makes it a great family unit. You should at least consider it. The 570 is pretty jammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Pick up a touring.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Touring 570

·
Registered
120 Posts
My wife got a RZR 800 and we ride it around with our 2 year old daughter. Got the middle seat for it (UTVMA Front Bump Seat for Polaris RZR), so now she can have another passenger, and we don't have to take the car seat out of the truck anymore. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

For awhile I had thought about trading in my Sportsman 550 for an Ace or RZR, but I realize I just like riding the quad more than I like the RZR. Now I'm thinking about upgrading to a Sportsman 1000.

Tough choice, for sure. However, you can't beat the RZR for carrying around the little one AND the gf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts