Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat on my '09 Sportsman is coming apart where it's stapled to the plastic frame. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or heard of it.

Also what do you think the best way to fix it is. It looks like common office staples holding it on but I don't want to put them back cause it'll just come off again. Should I use an adhesive of some kind or what?

Any and all suggestions are of course welcome and appreciated.

Thank you,

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is but I wasn't sure about taking it in just for this little issue with the seat. Do you think I should?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Is it coming apart pretty bad or just a little?I would talk to the dealer about it either way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far a strip of staples about 6 inches long has come out from the right front side. Its right where the holes are for the plastic frame inserts. I think it's from me taking the seat off. I have to kind of frequently to get to the battery studs and a couple times when I cleaned it.

I'll go ahead and take it to the dealer tomorrow anyway.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Try to pop the seat off from the back and sides.Thats something else thats kinda screwed up,no seat latch.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I do pop it off from the back and then slide it backwards to get those notches out the lift it straight off so there isn't really much flex there but that's the only thing I can think of that would be causing it to do that.

But either way I'll take it in tomorrow and see if they will fix it and try to use something other than just regular staples.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha yeah you might want to. It looks like something that could easily be a problem for everyone just by the way it's put together. But atleast it's nothing major. Just something that's annoying.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have an update on my seat. I took it in to the dealer on saturday and they were puzzled with the way it was put together. Apparently they had never seen it put together like that and was wondering why they had. But they're going to order me a new one today and replace it for me as part of the warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts