Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to sell my 2004 AC 500 TRV mostly because it was dimensionally too darn big and heavy. I was very,very serious on getting a rokon trailblazer which I have always been interested in. North of $8K for something with 8HP, not cheap, and used/old still seem to go for blood money on ebay. I also worry about its performance on rock/snow covered rocks which I will have on my way to camp. You can get a sidecar, for another $1200, but then whats the point, it then is an 8HP 2x3 and is then the same size as a 4x4 ATV. I found the 2010 500HO with minimal miles, "t*ts" still on the tires, plow, EBS clutch for a few $K less. It is smaller, lighter, more powerful, newer than the AC and I am happy with my decision to stay on 4 wheels so far. I am NOT happy with its inability in AWD to back up inclines however. (...but Rokons dont have reverse either ;)) I was wondering if anyone else has Rokon experiences to share or if they jumped from 2x2 to 4x4?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
What is a rokon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They definitely hold their value, made in USA, rugged, reliable, have some cool features , probably can go some places ATVs cannot, and at ~200#s can be carried on a tote w/o a trailer. Having to balance across rocks (my part of the Adirondack jeep trails have more rocks than dirt) and using your feet as outriggers would be a chore. I did call the main manufacturer in NH, they did call me back, but I never heard from the local 'dealership' (a mom & pop outfit about 1.5 hours away). I have 3 Polaris dealerships within ~30 minutes and parts from Amazon or Ebay a day or 2 away.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the newer machines like the 570 have 4wd in reverse without the yellow button, but still are speed limited in reverse unless button is depressed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts