Polaris ATV Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Alright here you go here's a bunch of pictures
Here is everything to do with the WV850 clutch system you won't need all of it
They did not go on in order so look at the page numbers And buy all the proper tools
I Almost screwed my crank up I use an improper tool to remove the clutch and ruin the threads I was lucky to find the left hand of thread tap And fixed it
Beware of the left handed threads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you have a big Torque wrench!!!
You replaced the one-way bearing on yours, or no? I have the clutch puller tool, but I do not have the other specialized tools. Looks like I would at least need the spider disassembly tool.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You replaced the one-way bearing on yours, or no? I have the clutch puller tool, but I do not have the other specialized tools. Looks like I would at least need the spider disassembly tool.
Yes I did replace the one way bearing in mine.
You'll need the spider Disassembly tool and the fixture to put the clutch into you won't be able to do it
You can get it all on Amazon.
Have fun it's not too bad
You'll need something to bolt the fixture too For Torqueing the clutch At 300' pounds if you mount it to a bench and it doesn't have enough weight on it Will defiantly Move.
I bolted it to my toolbox

Output device Font Gadget Auto part Audio equipment

Gas Font Auto part Machine Electronics accessory

Camera accessory Gas Font Audio equipment Rectangle

Without It

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK cool, thank you. I'm going to check mine and see if the one way bearing is indeed bad. If it isn't then I'm going to replace the belt and rock on. If the bearing is bad then I may buy the tools. It would be as cheap to buy a replacement driven clutch, but it wouldn't be the oem. I do have the Bobcat UTV as well, so maybe worth having the tools just in case.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
OK cool, thank you. I'm going to check mine and see if the one way bearing is indeed bad. If it isn't then I'm going to replace the belt and rock on. If the bearing is bad then I may buy the tools. It would be as cheap to buy a replacement driven clutch, but it wouldn't be the oem. I do have the Bobcat UTV as well, so maybe worth having the tools just in case.
How did it go

41 - 45 of 45 Posts