Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on an 09 500 X2. My question is this. From the photos that I have seen of the rifle scabbard mount for the X2, the location appears to block the leg of any passenger riding on the second position. Is this really a problem? Thanks for your help.

Tom

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Buckley WA?? Hey welcome to the board!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bet! Love these forums. It's great to find that there are actually still people around that enjoy helping you out. I just happen to find a lot of those people on the various forums I frequent. Expect I'll find the same here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The scabbard does come down where the passenger's leg would be. We also have an 09 500 X2, but we ride it solo when we mount the scabbard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I really thought it would. I guess that I'll have to purchase a rack for the front. Any ideas on a good one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a standard rack on the front. Before I bought the scabbard I was using the rack - slid the gun case (soft case) underneath and bungied the heck out of it - but I still ended up losing the gun over rough terrain and busted it up. Just be very, very careful if you're going to use the rack to transport your gun.

For safety reasons, and because we're all so bulked up in our blaze orange, we all ride solo during deer camp. More comfortable, too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, today I brought it home. And to answer my own question, no it doesn't block the legroom at all. It's much better than the photos I had seen suggested. :banana:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gun mounts for front of x2

I have a 09 500 x2 and it has the storage area on the front that you have to open up. I do not want to put a scabbard on it. Are there any bolt on gun holders for the front that will attach to the storage area?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 09 500 x2 and it has the storage area on the front that you have to open up. I do not want to put a scabbard on it. Are there any bolt on gun holders for the front that will attach to the storage area?
Let us know if you find one. I'm looking for the same thing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
try this cabelas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts