Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2020 sportsman 1000 xp highlifter edition. My EPS randomly went out. It’s throwing two codes (520230-31) and (628-13) I’ve checked all fuses and relays also all connections and they are all fine. Battery is brand new and fully charged. The EPS code is “loss and CAN between instrument cluster and EPSmodule.” I checked ohms at the diagnostic plug between my yellow and green wires (CAN high and low) and got 123ohms. It’s supposed to be 10+/-60. Idk what to do from here. It’s possible that my instrument cluster could be messed up. It’s a good possibility that I got water in it. I’ve also had other Polaris riders say that it might be water in ECU or in the connections. What are your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,331 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly

·
Registered
92 Posts
Warranty? Hed to dealer.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,331 Posts
Check for chafed wiring just under the POD by the steering column

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you fixed the problem? I am having the same issue. EPS just randomly quit working, the eps light is on with code 520230 / 31. I've checked all the connections including the relay and all are good. I have power at both connection to the eps motor. I bought a new battery and voltage regulator but that didnt fix it. After reading some forums I guess my next step would be to get the ecu reflashed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reactions: bp405
1 - 9 of 9 Posts