Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I had my Polaris Ranger 700 XP there were certain areas that were vulnerable to damage or weakness's that could be fixed for cheap. For example some had motor mount issues, bed squeaks,potential wire chaffing, and various other minor issues were easily fixed because of experiences of others owners had and with a few dollars and a few zip ties and a careful eye all these issues were pretty much eliminated for newer owners. We'll I'm excited because I Just purchased a 2013 500 HO sportsman and with all my new machines I like to look them over to familiarize myself with them and I see a few areas that could be a weakness during trail riding, items that are surely over exposed to possible sticks and rock damage are (oil tank,radiator overflow reservoir) I do mostly trail riding with the occasional mud expedition but do any of you long time Sportsman's owners have a suggestions of what can be possibly done in small modifications to prevent these issues or maybe these are not really a problem at all? I would be curious to hear the most common problems that you all have encountered and maybe something that's not maybe so obvious hopefully I made sense with this post.

·
Registered
344 Posts
A arm guards !!!!!!!! I wont leave home without em .....!!!!!! Enough said.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have knocked a hole in an oil tank on mine...though I don't think it is common. I did it by sticking my ATV halfway through a barb wire fence. I hear an older ATV has a metal oil tank that fits. I just put another plastic one on and plan to avoid fences in the future....heh.

Sean

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cracked my trans case right the mount point on the bottom.. Had a shop weld a 6x6 1/4 inch plate directly under the mount after i had it fixed.. I think the bike will break in half before it cracks again..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts