Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Board, 2013 850HO, Hello I'm setting up my machine and wondering what preload to set the springs at I'm 6' 3" at 325lbs am I to assume all the way?? any imput would be welcomed.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
New to the Board, 2013 850HO, Hello I'm setting up my machine and wondering what preload to set the springs at I'm 6' 3" at 325lbs am I to assume all the way?? any imput would be welcomed.
WELCOME!!

Depends on terrain and how you ride...

Your a big feller so for sure :ponder: I would say half way for a cushy ride. If your riding faster and prefer a little ''handling'' to comfort. The YES ALL THE WAY AND you may ant HD springs!!!

I am 6' 235# my sportsman is HD springs all around and rear adjusted to max. (No front adjust on mine)

CW

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm 5'10" 170 and I have a '13 850 touring. Even when I'm by myself I like to ride a little fast,a me it seems that I feel the most stable with the spring setting all the way up. It just takes the hits, no bounce. And it doesn't dip the nose when I turn, I can throw it into a turn without the body rolling much at all.

Best advice would be to try them starting at 2 notches and see what feels best for you!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I'm 5'10" 170 and I have a '13 850 touring. Even when I'm by myself I like to ride a little fast,a me it seems that I feel the most stable with the spring setting all the way up. It just takes the hits, no bounce. And it doesn't dip the nose when I turn, I can throw it into a turn without the body rolling much at all.

Best advice would be to try them starting at 2 notches and see what feels best for you!
5'10-200lbs, I did not like the ride when it came from the dealer set at the lowest notch (a lot of front end sag in corners and too "bouncy" in the ruts). Once I set them to the highest setting I feel the true performance and aggressive nature of my bike was unleashed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts