Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 sportsman
About 1800 miles
Son went to ride it today and it was sputtering. Drove around the block and comes back the orange engine light comes on and off and sputters jerks when trying to drive. Smooths out and spuratic does it again
Checked the oil little foamy , recently changed , sittiting out side have had some rain lately
Any one experience this or know what’s up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 15 sportsman
About 1800 miles
Son went to ride it today and it was sputtering. Drove around the block and comes back the orange engine light comes on and off and sputters jerks when trying to drive. Smooths out and spuratic does it again
Checked the oil little foamy , recently changed , sittiting out side have had some rain lately
I experienced the same thing and still tryin to figure out how to fix it! Did you happen to find a answer?

·
Premium Member
9,727 Posts
What are we working on??

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 15 sportsman
About 1800 miles
Any update on how you made out?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ended up taking the cables out of the throttle and cleaned the connector box and connector up and it hasn’t happened since
Well that's good. But it may be a sign that it's on the way out. For a couple of years now I used the zip tie end with tape method over the safety and that prevented me from stalling the machine when plowing and coming to an abrupt halt...no matter how I adjusted the throttle cable. But I think the part within the epoxied area (within the throttle) finally failed on mine somehow. I tried cleaning the connectors, checked the harness, but it didn't help. When I tested my machine with my Diagnostic tool it flagged that the throttle control was bad. I then proceeded to test the throttle unit at the handlebar with an ohm meter on pins 1 & 2 and it confirmed that the throttle was bad. Glad you fixed your problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well that's good. But it may be a sign that it's on the way out. For a couple of years now I used the zip tie end with tape method over the safety and that prevented me from stalling the machine when plowing and coming to an abrupt halt...no matter how I adjusted the throttle cable. But I think the part within the epoxied area (within the throttle) finally failed on mine somehow. I tried cleaning the connectors, checked the harness, but it didn't help. When I tested my machine with my Diagnostic tool it flagged that the throttle control was bad. I then proceeded to test the throttle unit at the handlebar with an ohm meter on pins 1 & 2 and it confirmed that the throttle was bad. Glad you fixed your problem
Thanks for sharing that info. Atleast if it ends up happening again I know Wher to start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts