Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i go muddriding and i get my exhaust under water my 570 stals out. there is no water in air box or belt box, once out of water it will start back up has anyone had this problem.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is a serisous problem im having an everyone on here wants to joke about it. I test my machine alot climbing an mudriding an anything else an the exhaust is the only problem im having. Other than that it is amazing

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Just a joke but yeah

that is a bummer. I don't get mine that deep in water but maybe it is something else electrical getting under water at the same time as the exhaust? Batt, connections, something shorts out? Maybe remove/clean/dilectric your connections? Someone will wake up soon and help ya' out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its done it 3 times now an its a killer but someone had told me it may be the spark plug i need to dilectric everything though. The thing is if im in the gas about half way it will stay cranked but if i let out the gas any less it dies.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea stock exhaust im hoping in a week or 2 ill be able to get the hmf and optimizer for it

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You need to get an exhaust snorkel at a minimum so the exhaust stays above the water. It would seem that too much back pressure is killing your engine. You could also make sure you idle is set high enough or just try keeping the rpm up when you go through that deep of water. Here is a pic of me deep in the water but the motor never died. However, if you are planning on running deep in the water often then you should full snorkel and dielectric grease all electrical connections including your plug boots.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to get an exhaust snorkel at a minimum so the exhaust stays above the water. It would seem that too much back pressure is killing your engine. You could also make sure you idle is set high enough or just try keeping the rpm up when you go through that deep of water. Here is a pic of me deep in the water but the motor never died. However, if you are planning on running deep in the water often then you should full snorkel and dielectric grease all electrical connections including your plug boots.
mine looked just like that this weekend but it was a mud/water whole and it died but i do plan on a full snorkle and new exhaust and ill def dielectric

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mine looked just like that this weekend but it was a mud/water whole and it died but i do plan on a full snorkle and new exhaust and ill def dielectric
The thicker the liquid the more pressure it requires to keep the engine running so mud only makes the problem worse. The intake side is more dangerous when it comes to water but you can also cause yourself problems if the water backs up into your engine from the exhaust side. Typically if it dies you want to tilt your atv on its ass so the water drains out the exhaust.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks all the info helps i thought i might have something wrong but ill just have to do some more tinkering. But im very carful about water in air box if i think its that deep i wont even try it:ponder:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Dielectric everything as well as you need to turn up your idle. I run mine around 1500 when i am in the water or it will die just as yours is doing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i believe you can adjust the throttle cable to allow for more but i am not positive or you may have to go with a programmer

·
Registered
679 Posts
You don't need a programmer to run a slip on exhaust. You won't feel any performance gains from either one. It might sound better, but your wallet will be lighter.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Some many posting up issues, some very serious, caused by deep water/mud that I thought I'ld quote some wisdom from famous philosopher....

Confuses say " Stay the F-out of deep water/mud. Is not a submarine ! Mud is just a dum spelled a backwards. Deep mud is just a deep dum. You take a the machine in that, it will take a number two on you.".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine does the same thing but when packed with snow. People say its the key but I think its shorting out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts