Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I've recently had a problem with my 2010 550. I went through a small creek that was less than a foot deep and after riding for a bit, I noticed my wheeler was stalling (like hitting a rev limiter) at 3300 rpm. And check engine light came on. When idling the check engine light was off but when giving gas, it came back on. I was in the woods so the fastest I could go was 8 mph. Does anyone have any ideas before I have to pay the dealership to look at it? Thanks for your time ladies and gents!
Slow rolling in the deer woods

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
sounds like the main jet in carb is plugged
runs on idle circuit and pilot jet up to that point and then the main should take over

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
A lean condition

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
me bad I was thinking carburetor never looked at the year

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine is carberated. and im having same problem but i cant even drive anywhere....help! had to have my wife tow me home....how embarassing...

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
mine is carberated. and im having same problem but i cant even drive anywhere....help! had to have my wife tow me home....how embarassing...
Need more info, did you drive thru water and then it happened? Were you mudding when it happened? Did it just start happening? Is your check engine light on? What exactly is it doing (or not doing)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ran perfect last time i rode it about 3 weeks ago......i pulled it out, running mint, had low gas, got gas on friday from a gas station that sux buuut any way i filled the tank....got 2 streets over and the quad just shut down....i started it back up and it would rev To 3300rpm and stall out......started it and let it run for a few seconds and tried to rev it again and she died right out.....so itll run and keep running but when u throttle it it dies.....to be honest last time i had it out, yes it was stuck in mud and did something kind of weird, it was stuck in mud and i tried winching out and the battery kept dying out and killing the machine(aka the winch had ZERO balls) it wouldnt even pull itself out....but we got it out and it ran noproblem.....and today wen i started it up she was running and driving fine untill i filled it up.....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
For Nayt

maybe the gas you got has a bit of water in it....never know..its happened to me in my truck before..try adding some dry gas to the tank....or some seafoam....run is slow an try increasing speed slowly...see if it helps....also make sure fuel filter is clean or replace...at low speeds sediment in a filter will not clog element..but at a faster speed the gas demand will cause sediment to clog filter element

·
Registered
434 Posts
sounds like u may have a broken wire to your tps or map sensor put the bike in neutral turn the key three times and your check engine light will send out blink codes in 2 digit numbers the first i belive is 12 that means its starting that will be a blink..blink,blink write down the numbers you get and post them on here or google a blink code chart and find out witch codes its throwing at you

·
Registered
434 Posts
it doesnt neccesarely need to stay on if it flashed at all it threw a code and will stay in there untill u reset it.....by disconnecting pos battery terminal for 30 secs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use this product ICe-0-Dry.... I let it sit in there for a half of an hour I fired the bike up and let it run for 30 minutes... works like a charm

·
Registered
51 Posts
now i gutta figure out why my battery light and tachometer flash when i use my winch. if i put even a little load on my winch it wants to stall the bike.....even if i keep the rpms up on the bike....any of you ever dealt with that?

·
Registered
434 Posts
sounds like a short, bad battery or loose connections at battery ...usually loose connection youd know by the bike running crappy...try this put the bike in diagnostic mode..bike in neutral, hold yellow override buttom, and turn key on(dont start it yet) , when it loads hit yellow buttom untill it gets to how many volts write that down, then turn key rest of the way on(start the bike) and how many volts do you get , if your battery is bad it should have low volts right from the begining below 12.4 off and 14.4 at idle i belive if there considerably lower more then likely your battery is crap and id suggest getting one from nappa there much better quality ......is this flashing happening immidiatly?? thenits more then likely a short somewhere from your contactor to your winch..on mine the contactor is infront of shifter under plastic hope this helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
[email protected] Work Now But IM Sure The Battery Is Good...It'll Pull For 5sec And Then It StArts Flashing. I Will CheckThatWhen I Get Home...MayBe I Can Sneak Home In A Little BIt...I'll Let You Know

·
Registered
434 Posts
kk... what tires/size are those on your bike they look good do u have a lift??? im lookin for an upgrade

·
Registered
51 Posts
naw no lift.....the lift kits trash quads ive read....they put 2 much strain on the cv axles. i used tne biggest tires i could use with out a lift. 27" gorilla silverback x-lites.....got em mounted on ITP Hd3 black studded rims....they look great and they pull like a train thru mud, snow, water.....downfall is that they slow the bike down significantly and when the fronts clean out, they do so forward, so any mud u just drove through expect it on or around your face/torsoe lol....but for us newenglanders mud on the body aint no thang...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts