Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Polaris Outlaw 50 2016
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my son has a 2016 Outlaw 50. I brought is second hand last year and it run and drive fine. A few months back it has developed a problem where it starts ok, idles fine but when the accelerator is pressed it stalls? Strangely in on a stand and the rear wheels of the floor, I can press the accelerator and it goes fine? Adjusted the carb etc but still no luck? In need of desperate help please?

Since I have had it I have carried out / replaced the following:
•New Battery
•New Oil
•New Transmission fluid
•New Spark Plug
•New air & fuel filters
•New Belt
•Carb clean & new seals / gaskets
•New starter relay & Starter Motor

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Generally, when the throttle is opened and it does not accelerate, it is because it is not getting enough fuel mixed with the air - it typically indicates the fuel is not filling the carb sufficiently or the carb needs cleaning.

·
Registered
Polaris Outlaw 50 2016
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks latebird, any solutions you can suggest.

I have stripped and cleaned the carb, put new seals and gasket on the carb. Stripped and cleaned the fuel switch and blown out all fuel pipes. New fuel and air filters fitted also?

Also drained and put in New fuel

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Well, there other possibilities - perhaps it's losing spark above a certain RPM? Cause by a defective stator, CDI box, coil, spark plug, spark plug cap or something in the wiring - perhaps a valve adjustment would help - perhaps there is a clog in the exhaust or intake - perhaps it is just bad fuel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts