Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 polaris sportsman 500 and a 2006 polaris sportsman 500, I am having problems with the 06 sportsman, every time i try and start it it just clicks, i am thinking it is the starter i tried the old solenoid trick and it was sparking but it didn't start, so im thinking it is the solenoid, i have no clue what it is, i have put ALOT of money into these bad boy's, it seems everytime i go out and ride we got a problem, i just put a new starter on both of them, and i do not bury them so i don't understand why im always having problems, can anybody help me???? thank you :D

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You said you "tried the solenoid trick". You jumped the battery side to the small wire or to the starter wire? You said it sparked...ok...did the engine turn over?

Clicking without the engine turning over is normally a low or bad battery.

Sean

·
Registered
434 Posts
hit starter with a long extention and hammer and try to start keep doing this eventually it will start then you should take it apart and clean it up or buy a new one its probably rusted to **** in there.........im guessing the bike sat for a while??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just ordered a new starter, and nope it didn't last weekend i was at the mondex in scottsmoore, fl and it was fine but my sister made the mistake of turning it off right after she went through a mud hole so i am guessing it got wet inside there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts