Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad I found this site. I have a 92 trail boss 250 4 x 4 that I'm trying to remove the starter. Have removed the manual start housing and bolts. The other end is where I 'm having problems. I'm using a polaris manual but can't find a way to get to the front of the starter without other housing that is blacking my way. What should I do? Thanks for the help. bruce

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
where is the starter located on your machine. i can not remember on the older ones. i do know that sometimes on the older machines we would stand them up on their back to help get access to the starter. if you do that, make sure the fuel is shut off or it will dump, and you can put a piece of cardboard down to keep from scratching it. i remember on some older magnums that was about the only way to get the starter out was to stand the unit straight up and rest in on the rear wheels and rack

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Damn another Bruce, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestions and welcome. Still trying to find the front bolts. I have the machine tipped on its side. Looks like I have to remove the crankshaft housing. Its really cold out side and working in a small un heated garage with just my ice fishing heater is tough.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
with it laying on it's side and the skid plate off ,you can usually get to the bolts with a 1/4 in. drive ratchet and socket. still tight fight though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still working on it. I already ordered a replacement starter. Thouph that might help. My son is going to help me this weekend. I really like this site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts