Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just got a 1998 or 1999 polaris trail boss 250 for my girlfriend. I have ridden this quad before so i know its not a piece. But it wont start now. I turn the key and hit the start button and the relay makes a loud clicking noise. But also when i hit the right side of the motor while im holding down the start button it turns over really slow and stops...almost like its stuck. When it does this, the sound from it doesnt sound to healthy, sounds like a bunch of gears just grinding. Is there some kind of fluid i need to drop in there? This quad has not been started in a while.. If anyone knows how i can get this quad to start please let me know, Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does it have a pull rope? What does the rope look like? Rusty, wet, oily....The grinding noise could be a variety of things, Most common around our area would have to be the starter drive gear getting rusty and sticking. makes alot of niose. Sure is possible it's stuck tho, specialy if it hasn't been run in a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea it has a pull rope. But its nice and loose, pulls fine, smooth. But it wont start even when i pull it. I just need to get the electric start working since it hasnt been runing in a while. Someone told me that even if the rope pulls, it wont start if it hasnt started in a while, it needs the electric start. But i dont know. This is my first automatic 2stroke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts