Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 - 90 Polaris Scrambler 4 wheeleer
New spark plug, fuel, fuel filter,battery - will NOT start with out a shot of carb cleaner to get it going, runs and idles fantastic after warming up. Parts break down from Polaris shows air/mix adj screw - does not exist, only idle adjust. Smell gas as though it's flooded, however, the new plug is dry. No choke - a little push on accelerator makes next to impossible to start for hours. Thought the float was sticking (have not pulled the carb off to check), it just runs to good after starting to indicate there is a float issue. Can't get thumb off starter fast enough after it is warmed up - starts instantly. Hours later it won't start again. Help - granddaughter is waiting - !!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
The 90 2 stroke machines had an electronic choke which they had a lot of problems with. I do have an update kit for them that will convert them to a manual choke. The kit is 75.00

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1 Posts
manual choke

The 90 2 stroke machines had an electronic choke which they had a lot of problems with. I do have an update kit for them that will convert them to a manual choke. The kit is 75.00
I have a 90 2 stroke Polaris Sportsman that does the same thing. Would the manual choke work on it as well. Can I get one from you? Send me info to get a carb kit and manual choke for it with toal cost.
Thanks...............Dewayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts