Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to replace a stator backer plate on a 2002 sportsman 700? Will I need new seals? I just need the bendix bushing but I’d it better to replace the backer plate?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
The stator backer plate (#10) is part number 2202178 @ $206 - the bushings (two - one in the backer plate and one in the engine cover) are referred to in the service manual (see further down), but I cannot find a part number for them - maybe Polman might know what the number for the bushing is or where on the parts breakdown the bushing is found? I would simply replace the bushing rather than the cover or backer plate even if I had to have a machine shop make them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stator backer plate (#10) is part number 2202178 @ $206 - the bushings (two - one in the backer plate and one in the engine cover) are referred to in the service manual (see further down), but I cannot find a part number for them - maybe Polman might know what the number for the bushing is or where on the parts breakdown the bushing is found? I would simply replace the bushing rather than the cover or backer plate even if I had to have a machine shop make them.

View attachment 139863
View attachment 139864
View attachment 139865
Thank you but I went ahead and bought the outer cover and replaced it, I also ordered another outer cover and a fresh bendix, i will update if I have any issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts