Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Polaris Outlaw 90. I think i need to replace stator or the regulator as Im having issues with battery charging. Anyone know what the reading for voltage should be coming from the stator? or how to determine which part needs replacing.

I bought the atv used (have no manual) and just put in brand new battery (battery has also been checked at autozone and working fine)

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my 525s I've had similar issues. After buying a new battery on the spot without even testing it and realizing that didn't correct the problem I just ordered both the stator and rectifier. I bought this thing used and recently bought it. I installed the rectifier but didn't have time to get the stator in before heading back to sea. I only had a short period of time and wanted it fixed asap. Let me know what you find out? I didn't have time to put my volt meter to it, had to go back to work. My bike constantly had to be jumped that weekend and I had to deal with the fact that I bought a new battery for no reason. Mine would also die when just riding. Best of luck! If anyone else can chime in here I'd also appreciate it. Sorry I wasn't much help maybe you could deduce what's going on from hearing my plight. Pretty sure its the stator and that the rectifier just converts a/c to d/c or I may have that backwards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts