Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer informed me that my stator is not working(charging) and needs to be replaced on my 07 500 EFI. The Polaris part # is 3089959 and comes in at a whopping $549.99
I will not be going that route. I am looking at aftermarket stators and will install it myself.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations or brands to stay away from.
The least expensive alternative is made by Caltric $110 but online reviews are not very good for this brand.
The Electrosport ESG158 stator comes with a one year warranty and seems to get good reviews. I can get one of these for around $120
I know there are other brands, I am hoping to find one reasonably priced that has a good rep. :shrug:

I am open to suggestions, smirks, laughter and pointing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used one from Ricky Stators, has worked good for me. Has great customer service to boot.

Ricky Stator

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the response.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure its the stator and not the ECM, which are known to fail.
The dealer tested it and diagnosed the stator. I am trusting that they did their homework. They have been good to me in the past so I have no reason not to trust them. I just didn't want to spend $730 for labor and parts to have them put in a new one.

I just ordered a used OEM stator that has been tested and is working. It was only $80 shipped. I figure at that price with me doing the work I don't mind taking a chance on a second hand OEM part. Hopefully it works out long term, but for the price I think Ill take my chances. I guess only time will tell. :nixweiss:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I ended up returning the used OEM stator and going with a new Electrosport stator. It seems to be a quality part, but I guess only time will tell. They do have a one year warranty so that does make me feel a little more confident in the product.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes, In this case the dealer had diagnosed the stator as not working/charging. I think it was shorting to ground, so the new stator is working as it should. I chose to replace the stator myself and saved myself a considerable amount of money by buying aftermarket and doing the work myself. I also replaced the Bendix while I had the recoil housing off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts