Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I filled my 400 up, the fuel guage took a long time to show true, I had to rock it side to side to get it to come up. The only additives I use is either Marine Stabil or Startron, Marne stabil in it this time around.

Is their something else that I should be using? Polaris carbon clean?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Pull the gauge activator and check it out. may just need to be cleaned. Could be bent or worn. Sometimes the float mechanism can be saturated and can no longer float properly. They can be replaced. Check the signal wires for bad connections also.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the gauge activator and check it out. may just need to be cleaned. Could be bent or worn. Sometimes the float mechanism can be saturated and can no longer float properly. They can be replaced. Check the signal wires for bad connections also.
Thanks. Where is the guage activator located?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If your machine has a fuel pump it will be part of the pump. The technology has not changed much in 50 years. There will be a chunk of hard foam like material on the end of the actuator which floats in the tank. It could also be a small sealed metal canister.

Check out some pics of in tank fuel pumps on line, they show the actuator. That is if you have an in tank pump.

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14726&stc=1&d=1384647742

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts