Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not quite sure if I'm able to explain this properly but I'll give it a whirl. My wife and I went riding a couple of weeks ago. She's currently riding a 2012 850xp eps. We rode all day with no issues, on the way back to the trailer she hit a pretty big dip going fairly quick and since then she was complaining about the quad didn't feel right. At this point I switched with her and I rode the 850 and I found that you would feel every little rock or bump you went over. I would feel all this on steering/handle bars. I put the quad on the lift this weekend and I wasn't able to find anything broken and/or loose.

It's almost like I was riding on two flats (which I wasn't). Anybody ever experienced anything like this, could it possibly be the power steering box? any input would be greatly appreciated. I understand It will be kind of hard for anybody to pinpoint what the problem is but I've checked everything and I'm running out of options. I would hate to replace the power steering and still feel exactly the same after spending $1,000.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would suspect something in the front suspension, like a broken coil spring or busted shocks. Check all A-Arm mounting tabs too, ball joints..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suspect something in the front suspension, like a broken coil spring or busted shocks. Check all A-Arm mounting tabs too, ball joints..
I checked it all. But I will check again, at this point I want to find something broken already. Lol

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
So I would hope the EPS was more robust then that!!!! How many milee on the 850??? How did you check the front end??? What did you check???

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Check out the video I record to try and explain a bit better. Thanks a million guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hard to say. The fact that the steering is turning by itself could be only because there is no wheels (no weight) and all the vacuum hoses and electrical wiring coming under the light pod are pulling on the bars to the left?

But the noise is really not normal, never heard that on my XP.

The EPS job is to help to turn the handlebars, but its there to absorb impact coming from the wheels too, so saying that you feel everything now when riding it and with this noise, and it did happen after a hard hit, there a good chance something is busted in the EPS but cannot be 100% sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts