Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the Mudtrax XLs on my Sportsman. These are the ones with the 1-1/8" tread. I have just shy of 1100 miles on mine and they show little to no wear. They still measure between new depth and 1/16" less. They are a heavy tire with extremely stiff sidewalls. I run about 3 psi in mine and there is almost no sidewall flex.

As far as traction they do great in the mud, dig in the sand almost too much, descent on hard pack. I say descent because for a mud tire they do well but I am sure there are others out there that are tons better on hard pack. They are probably too aggressive for where I mostly ride but as well as they wear and after hitting a number of stumps in the trails with them and they are holding up well I would buy them again.

Another great tire would be the Black Diamonds by STI. They might not be quite as good in the peanut butter mud as the Mudtrax but they are radials so the ride would be much better.

Good luck because I think STI makes some great products. Oh by the way my Mudtrax say made in the USA on them!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im doing alot of trail riding with alot of mud and water for but during the summer months it may be dryer. im also looking at the black diamonds but i have plenty of tread left so im shopping for now. thanks

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
A member here, smp63, swears by them. If he doesn't respond, shoot him a PM, super nice guy and I'm sure he'd give you some good info.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
it looks more like a mud tire..it depends on what your type of riding is going to be...

like said the black diamonds are a nice tire and also the reptiles are nice...those 2 were on my list with the kenda bearclaw HTR's I went with the kenda radials after looking at all the good reviews on different forums....great tire...

Kenda K587 Bearclaw HTR Radial Tire - Chaparral Motorsports

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've got the Mud Trax XLs on my 04.5 700 and like them a lot. I run them at 4 psi and they are diggers. I run mostly on dirt and rocky trails and haven't been disappointed. They are heavier than stock (I know obviously) and they run a little small vs stated size. They are surprisingly smooth for a mud tire at higher speeds. The only thing they really suck on is ice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts