Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone tried these tires yet? The STI Roctane XD tires... Been looking around at different tire options and these came across my path as well! Kinda on the heavy side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I have. For WI trails I would shy away from them. They are more for rocky trail systems. For WI & MI take a look at the Grim Reaper & Black Diamonds. They do a awesome job.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am currently doing an exhaustive search on what my next tires will be. The Roctane was one that appealed to me a lot for the Rocky Mtn's here in Colorado. I did lots of research reading from multiple forums and have decided to shy away from it. There has been many cases of them not holding air around the bead. STI would warranty this, but I don't want to deal with replacing something that is commonly defective.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have. For WI trails I would shy away from them. They are more for rocky trail systems. For WI & MI take a look at the Grim Reaper & Black Diamonds. They do a awesome job.

I have also been looking at the black diamond XTR
... That's kinda of my next choice but just want to look at all my options be fore I buy tires and rims for both of my scramblers 850

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am currently doing an exhaustive search on what my next tires will be. The Roctane was one that appealed to me a lot for the Rocky Mtn's here in Colorado. I did lots of research reading from multiple forums and have decided to shy away from it. There has been many cases of them not holding air around the bead. STI would warranty this, but I don't want to deal with replacing something that is commonly defective.

I have heard of that to from other reviews.. We can't have that happen on the trial.... Being stranded sucks..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought rocktanes in Logan WV on a trip to hatfield. Punctured the front sidewall one the stock tire within 10 miles of WV trails. The fronts have held air fine. The rears do not. I had them both back to my local shop and had a double dose of bead sealer applied. At least now they do not go flat in one day. The leaks are a lot slower and are liveable to me. I bought new tires for my rzr 800 and I did not buy roctanes. I bought ITP blackwater evo's. As a side note on the rocktanes mine are 26 9 14s and the left tire tore out my led light assembly and I lost it on the trail. I am going to get a 1 inch spacers and the D2 fender extentions so I can replace the light and not worry about that happening again. I believe the spacers are cheaper than new wheels, 14 inch wheels are not cheap. Going to look into heaver springs also.

·
Registered
434 Posts
VetHS, what do you think of the ITP Blackwater Evolutions? I have a strong eye on them. My only concern is the tread is fairly wide spaced. For me that's less rubber on the ground for traction and an increased chance of puncture vulnerability.
Do they roll smooth in hard pack? Bite well?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not got the tires yet. Should be here next week. I will let you know what I think of them. These are on a rzr 800 in case you did notice in my post. Waiting because I ordered 5 tires and wheels the same size so I can keep riding and just rotate a spare in.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had these tires on my last 850xp and they were little stiff at first once you get some miles on them they will ride alot better. Tread wears like steel. They will flat spot when sitting in cold. Ride it a short distance then there smooth again.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought rocktanes in Logan WV on a trip to hatfield. Punctured the front sidewall one the stock tire within 10 miles of WV trails. The fronts have held air fine. The rears do not. I had them both back to my local shop and had a double dose of bead sealer applied. At least now they do not go flat in one day. The leaks are a lot slower and are liveable to me. I bought new tires for my rzr 800 and I did not buy roctanes. I bought ITP blackwater evo's. As a side note on the rocktanes mine are 26 9 14s and the left tire tore out my led light assembly and I lost it on the trail. I am going to get a 1 inch spacers and the D2 fender extentions so I can replace the light and not worry about that happening again. I believe the spacers are cheaper than new wheels, 14 inch wheels are not cheap. Going to look into heaver springs also.
I'm also interested in your review on the blackwater evo, wat size did u order?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

My buddy had to buy a set last year in Logan for same reason and his rears did the same thing. Turns out there was a bad batch of wheels from roctane and they wouldn't deal right. He called them and they sent him four new tires at no cost. The new set holds air fine. They r good tires for wv riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought 26 9 12s and ITP black steel wheels, like the paint. Will see if the paint looks good after a couple of trips to hatfield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts