Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also what color stock springs are in the secondary and primary, plus weights?
All i can find is part numbers no spring rates or the actual weights. Example 10-62 weight.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
What machine? They are all different, and most of the info is hard to find as it's not published in the ATV manuals like the sled ones. Guess a 12+ 850 by the weights you listed. They run a straight 52 helix, and are reverse cut from all the other machines as the XP line spins the clutches clockwise opposite of the value line. Team can custom cut you a helix for them for about $150 each if you want to experiment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i have the 850 scrambler. Mostly do my sleds but did do clutch on buddies 850 and 900rzr. That was a few years ago. I could find the info on them this i can not. He order clutch kits which werent that great so i adjusted accordingly. I order everything from team they are easy to work with but their website sucks. They have way more than on there,you have to know what you want and call them.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I have the part numbers for the XP helixes they sell. They are used on the 10 850 kits from QSC. The 60-52 is used on the 10's only. Which in theory should make the 10's the best clutching with an aggressive upshift like that. It's just to bad the weights suck so bad in them. And with weights that put some good weight down low and in the mid range they load to hard and can't take it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh i will get rooster weights and have a helix cut. The 10 went down to 60 gram with that helix. 60-52 would be way better. I put a quad angle, i think it started with a 64 down to a 56, in a 09. It was great on the bottom but to much on the top. The 11-14 went back up to 63 gram weights but i cant find the helix angle on them. The 11 is different again but from 12-14 all the same. I emailed team to see if they know. If not i will tear mine apart and look at the dam thing. Just didn't want to go tear it apart and put it back together just to see what to order.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The 09-11 with the 70hp motor all ran 60g weights. 12+ with the 77Hp motor run 63g weights. The only changes in the secondary have been helix angles and that was only for one year in the 10s. Probably a few guys here with stock 10 helixes that would sell them after installing QSC kits and getting a new Team one to replace them.

By load to hard I mean if you change the weights out to something with more mid and tip that they grab the belt harder and it will pull the secondary open easier. And the steeper angle will let it fall open easier too. So to much start angle will overshift and the egine will be lugging to pull the machine and feel lazy. It will also backshift poorly. I've been clutching snowmobiles for 20 years and racing almost as many. I gave up trying to make a setup for an XP that worked better than the QSC kits. And I tried EPI, Dalton, and Speedwerx/hotseat too. Ran them all against a test mule machine and timers and radar. Gave them all an even shake and fair comparison. The QSC won out in every situation every time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to call qsc today but they are at mud nationals. Why are there 3 kits with 2prices? One for each year. I assume the 10 includes a helix as it 90 bucks more. The factory part number for the helix is different from 09 to 10 to 11 then the same 12-14. If all the same angle Maybe just different ebs cut or something. Thanks but it is hard to buy another kit. I always buy a kit then use pieses from it to improve for the way i ride. Last one for a rzr900 felt like more power was slower than stock but had lots of low end. I combined stock and kit and shaved .5 sec off of stock time in 660. Buddy was happy with that so i didnt get to mess with it anymore.wish i could have had it for more than a day. Feels like more power doesnt mean faster. I will be getting team rooster weights again so i can fine tune. Just want to try some other helix on educated guess of what should work from stock helixes. If 52 is the best and is in all stock 850 than i have one of them. Might want to try the 60-52. What all is included in qsc kit?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The pn is different because the clutch for 09-10 is different than 11+. And the angles from 09 and 10 are different. Back to the 09 angle in 11. Helix is the same from 11 up so not sure why they would show a different number on it. Team only makes the 52 now, but as you know they can custom cut anything. I think something like a 54 or 56 start and 50 finish would work good in it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I think lowering the finish will help get it shifted out easier and get better top end. The ramps are very short for 4 angles IMO. A progressive cut would probably work good with the torque they make. I'm just not willing to spend the $1000+ in parts plus dyno time it would take for me to get it right. EBS isn't going to effect anything in the realm of acceleration and backshift on it. I think I'd go 58-54-50 if you want multi angle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts