Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$1000 reward offered for information leading to the recovery of our 2014 Polaris RZR 900 XP 4 orange madness limited! It was stolen between 12/20 & 12/21/14 during the hours of 11 pm and 12.45 am from our home in McHenry IL. Please contact your local police if seen.

Thanks,

Thor

Description below.

Custom one of a kind 2014 Polaris RZR XP 900 4. We took a stock 2014 RZR 900 4 seat UTV & made it into a one of a kind family ride! Perfect for year long riding on just about any trail system!
We added doors to keep the boys safely inside, graphics to match the unit, heater system with windshield vents to keep the chill off, a roof to help protect from bad weather, LED light bar for night rides, rear safety harness to keep our boys safe and secure, windshield with power wiper and spray for rain and mud, rear window, cargo box to store all the extras, Rotopax fuel packs. 6+1 offset wheels to shorten the width of the unit for the tighter trail systems. 27 X 14 Grim Reaper 8 ply tires for increadable traction and puncher resistance, Ricochet orange anodized armor, Viking front bumper to protect the RZR, gun safe/arm rest. interior light making it easy to strap our boys harnesses down at night. Rear 2 inch receiver hitch. Viper Elite 4000 LB winch with orange synthetic rope. We also added our upper door enclosure.

·
Registered
771 Posts
omg that wicked sucks!! sorry to hear that. hopefully since it is such a one off machine someone will find it quickly

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Nice machine, I hope you can recover it! Good Luck
It truly amazes me what people will steal.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Have you had any leads or any luck? Been scouring thru CL to see if anyone was trying to sell it or part it out. Worked once before for my dad and a guy he purchased a car from that turned out to be stolen.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Just seeing this now. that sucks. unfortunately by now, its probably in pieces.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Just seeing this now. that sucks. unfortunately by now, its probably in pieces.
Ditto, by the end of the next day it was probably stripped or in an enclosed trailer heading to destination unknown with private land.

Shit sucks and that was a beautiful machine. I'm on Craigslist multiple times a day scouring for deals, so I'll keep my eye's open in my vicinity for any rzr parts.

Oh, if you haven't already, get on serchtempest and that site searches ALL craigslist's ads within the circumference of miles you want from home. maybe do a 400mi radius and search rzr parts or something like that.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been searching CL & Ebay daily with no luck daily for the RZR & its parts. I have had several leads in WI and OH but they did not pan out. I finally send the insurance paperwork in on the 6th on Jan. Remember to check what your insurance covers via phone and not the net. I Found out the hard way that Geico does not cover accessories meaning I am out $6K in extras. Lesson learned the hard way for me. :shocked1:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Sorry to hear that man..... I too find it amazing what "some peoples kids" will steal.

Where was it stored when it was stolen.... inside or out? Not that it matters really (just curious), as locks only keep honest people honest!!

Hope everything works out okay..... sorry to hear about your insurance coverage gap (accessories).

·
Registered
454 Posts
Was accessory coverage optional or do they just exclude them? Better check my policy. Sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have been searching CL & Ebay daily with no luck daily for the RZR & its parts. I have had several leads in WI and OH but they did not pan out. I finally send the insurance paperwork in on the 6th on Jan. Remember to check what your insurance covers via phone and not the net. I Found out the hard way that Geico does not cover accessories meaning I am out $6K in extras. Lesson learned the hard way for me. :shocked1:
Wow what a bummer!!!!! My insurance company told me I could park my quads on the street corner with the keys in them and if someone steals them I would be covered. I don't have many accessories on them though and wonder if they would cover????

Was yours inside or outside? Did they have access to the keys? Just curious.

Food for thought - if no access to the keys, don't they need to go to Polaris to get key copy (assuming they don't part it out). Maybe contact Polaris???

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ they could just change the ignition, its not like a car with a computer. its a simple switch, you can even just cut the wires and add a momentary switch or pushbutton.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Was accessory coverage optional or do they just exclude them? Better check my policy. Sorry to hear this.
Definately worth checking your policy. I have mine through progressive and cant say enough good about how they treated me when mine turtled and sustained $4700 in damage. But my policy covers upto $3500 in accessories standard and could be bumped up/down anytime.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live out in the country and the unit was parked outside between the house and trees where it could not be seen without entering the property. It was outside since we are in the process of packing for our move west & the garage is getting full. I had it in originally parked in my trailer but sold the trailer since it was about 4 inches too short. I had a new custom trailer on order for it that was the correct height. (Just arrived a few days ago!).

They put the RZR in N and pushed it through the property next door then into the subdivisions park were a trailer was waiting. Keys still hanging in the garage & a shinny new trailer that was especially made for it is sitting outside empty now! Never would have expected someone stealing a RZR the size of my wife's Buick SUV! Man I was wrong!!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Bad deal. I hope they find it for you.... in good condition and one piece!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Remember to check what your insurance covers via phone and not the net. I Found out the hard way that Geico does not cover accessories meaning I am out $6K in extras. Lesson learned the hard way for me. :shocked1:
Progressive does. They were excellent for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts