Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,956 Posts
Its pretty simple really. The stop ride notice is corporate CYA liability protection. Somebody somewhere (probably in communist California) spilled gas all over their machine while fueling it up. Then, without letting it dry first, they hit the ignition switch sparking a fire. A multi-million-dollar lawsuit was filed blaming the owner's stupidity on Polaris. Polaris, at the direction of their legal department, then issued a stop ride/stop sale order so that when the next dumbazz does the same thing the company is protected. Owners of those machines have now been warned of the hazard of doing such an idiotic thing and can't blame Polaris if they ignore the warning.
Same reason your new ATV or new step ladder have idiot stickers plastered all over them telling you not to do stupid stuff. And this is why those items cost about 50% to 75% more than they should. Tide pods have a warning not to eat them and car batteries remind you not to drink the contents, etc. etc. and on and on...
^^That is EXACTLY right!!^^

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,737 Posts
Reactions: zipper77

· Registered
6 Posts
I contacted my dealer and they are unsure as to when they can look at my ATV for the recall. I called Polaris and asked them if they could extend my warranty for at least the time frame as to when they issued the stop ride and to when it can be seen by the dealer. The rep said no that they are not offering any compensation at the moment and not sure if they will. So my warranty will be expired by the time they look at the ATV and if anything happens after it leaves the dealer I am SOL.

· RIP 12/21/22
16,288 Posts
I contacted my dealer and they are unsure as to when they can look at my ATV for the recall. I called Polaris and asked them if they could extend my warranty for at least the time frame as to when they issued the stop ride and to when it can be seen by the dealer. The rep said no that they are not offering any compensation at the moment and not sure if they will. So my warranty will be expired by the time they look at the ATV and if anything happens after it leaves the dealer I am SOL.
So, you may as well be riding it anyway then. Wrap some electrical tape around the stator wires and don't worry about it.

· Premium Member
2018 Sportsman XP 1000 63 1/2 wheelbase
1,039 Posts
I just saw this and don't make sense to start with but my next concern is that the recall is for all 2020 to 2023 Sportsman / Scrambler S models so should the at least the 2017 to 2023 Sportsman/Scrambler 850 / 1000 seeing that they have the same fuel tank and bodywork.

· Premium Member
2021 scrambler 1000 xp s..
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Polaris has determined that if fuel spills while refueling some Model Year 2020-2023 Sportsman 1000 S and Scrambler 1000 S ATVs, fuel can ignite by electrostatic discharge outside the fuel tank, posing a fire hazard and risk of serious injury.​
To address this concern, Polaris has authorized your dealer to install new fuel filler neck clamps, and a fill neck cover if needed. This work will be performed by your dealer at no cost to you.​
so they just sent out the fix i will see how long it takes to get them to get me in to have it fixed lol

21 - 26 of 26 Posts