Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add a storage bag to the rear of my sportsman. I'm looking at the Ogio Honcho front bag. I like this bag for the back because it seems to be low profile and not stick up real high. I'm not interested in the bags with seats or the huge bags that are real high. Does anyone have this bag to comment on? Thanks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I have the Ogio Honcho rear bag and it is the best bag made imo. They also make a version of the rear bag from polaris with L&R anchors built into it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also read some Polaris owners saying it's difficult to secure it to the composite racks. Did you have any issues with that?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the rear OGIO bag on the back. I did not use the velcro straps that came with it. I used 1" cam buckles to secure it. My buddy did the same thing you have in mind on his Honda, front bag on the back. He loves it. Here is a crappy picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Ditto on the honcho. I think once u get over the idea of having a bag hangin off the rear of ur ride u will wish u had more storage. So IMO go with the rear honcho.

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
I also read some Polaris owners saying it's difficult to secure it to the composite racks. Did you have any issues with that?

I went to the hardware store and bought a role of Velcro and used it to secure the bag via the bungy cord on the bag or used the Velcro to extend the Velcro straps that are sawn into the bag.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Depending on where you ride, dust can be a problem

Even when riding alone, anything i put on my back rack gets full of dust if i'm riding a loose dirt area, even on grassy areas some dust gets on stuff. So, I've learned if dust matters put it on the front rack. :cowboy:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The Ogio bag has a dust lip on it and it keeps things remarkably clean and dry in there...better than my Polaris L&R hard box I had at one time. You cant go wrong with the Ogio Honcho Bag

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I like that bag...but is there any way to secure it beside the velcro straps..i hate velcro....I have an 02 so no plug ins..just the composite rack.....and does it collapse any if not filled or does it stay rigid....

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The velco works very good...just now after 1500 hard miles at hatfield (real hard, with cooler and tools in the bag...likely weighed 50lbs with everything in it) are the velcro straps breaking off mine. They never ever came undone while riding...no matter the amount of mud. That being said, you could tig up something with bungies or straps I am sure....and yes, it is semi rigid and holds its shape when empty

·
Registered
679 Posts
I like that bag...but is there any way to secure it beside the velcro straps..i hate velcro....I have an 02 so no plug ins..just the composite rack.....and does it collapse any if not filled or does it stay rigid....
I use 1" cam buckles. Holds steady at 85mph down the highway. Velcro is for diapers. :veryhappy:

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
I have my bag secured in ten spots, the bag comes with 8 velcro leads. my bag stays put so im good with Velcro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ChickenHawk.... How did you use the straps? I don't have the bag yet so I have no idea what it looks like underneath.

·
Registered
679 Posts
On the hinge side(facing my back as I'm riding) there are loops/buckles to connect the drink holders/cooler thing. I thread the cam strap through one of those on each side and then down through the plastic rack. On the back there are 2 d-rings just above the height of the rack extender. Cam straps go through the d-ring and then around the rack extender. Fairly easy on and off using the cam straps too.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the cam straps look like the most secure way...I called a few shops around me and a Can Am dealer has some..I want to look at the bag before I order one..unless the dealer gives me a great deal..lol...I looked online at a lot of machines that had the Ogio bags and it is nice quality....not one negative review...I have a hard storage on there now..but its a pain...its a combo seat and storage...just to big...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts