Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I've used this site many times for the wonderful answers everyone provides but this time I couldn't find an answer so I'M the one posting. Weird, but here I go. My husband bought a Polaris storage box on eBay stating it would work with my Polaris Sportsman 500. The mounting bracket area is dumbfounding me cause I can't seem to figure it out. I've looked at a zillion pics and can't seem to find any similar storage box to the one he purchased so I'm asking for help. All the boxes I've seen has the lever/plunger on the sides but this one has something different on the bottom. Did we get the wrong box? It is incomplete/missing a part? Please advise, any advise is better than us being stumped. :) Thanks for your time. - Julie

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks like the box is for an earlier model with metal racks, possibly for a trailblazer. Not like ours at all.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Remove the block system from the bottom of the box, bolt it on, looks like a nice big box and in good shape just adapt it to work.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Remove the block system from the bottom of the box, bolt it on, looks like a nice big box and in good shape just adapt it to work.
I agree! Adapt it!! ::)

It does look like nice box.

CW

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like it would fit a rack of a earlier model like this 2003. Prior to the lock and ride plunger set up. I see no reason it couldn't be adapted I'm not a big fan of the plunger system

·
Registered
222 Posts
yea your gonna have to modernize it : P
But it will be sweet once its on there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts