Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Polaris 850, recently when the machine is warmed up, and you let off the throttle, the engine light will flash on, if I press the throttle fast it goes out, if I do it very slow, the ck. light will stay on and the engine goes into limp mode. I have already adjusted the cable, and greased the connections. anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking it is the TPS sensor? the code is #7, stuck open throttle.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ditto that TPS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question, someone told me to stick something between the 2 contacts in the throttle control or remove the wire for ADC and this will eliminate this issue without replacing the tps, will this effect my engine breaking and will the ck light stay on, if not which wire do I remove from the plug?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Tps controls the timing advance so bypassing it will cause running issues. Unplugging it will leave it at full timing advance and you could test that way but don't run it very long that way. Won't do anything for the ADC, or engine braking to bypass it and will cause a check engine light.

·
Super Moderator
7,092 Posts
question, someone told me to stick something between the 2 contacts in the throttle control or remove the wire for ADC and this will eliminate this issue without replacing the tps, will this effect my engine breaking and will the ck light stay on, if not which wire do I remove from the plug?
By putting something between the contacts you will not affect the engine braking and you will not turn the check engine light on. You will disable the ADC as well as the throttle safety switch by doing this.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't recommend bypassing any safety device. If the engine light comes on there should be a code.

12 850EPS

·
Super Moderator
7,092 Posts
Easy to say when you aren't having issues. Throttle safety switch doesn't store a code. It clears when the engine operation returns to normal and the light goes off.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
This is true. When i got it i had to get it to "stick" again, then pull the code while it was running or it would clear it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tps

I think you are thinking correctly.
question, I was out plowing for 2 hours last night, not a hiccup, both times the light coming on and off I had been out for 7 hours and it never started acting up til atleast hour from home, do u still think its the tps, I have one on order

1 - 12 of 12 Posts