Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 850 Xp keeps giving a stuck throttle code but when I use the throttle it works fine but once in a great while it will run like if i left the choke wide open. It ends up bogging down and sputtering out can anyone help me or has this been a problem for anyone else

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you do a search there are a few threads on this. I had that problem after my first 100 km. It flashed once in awhile until it got to the point where I couldn't drive it. Long story short, took 6 months of back and forth with Polaris and my dealer but knock on wood hasn't shown back up yet.

What they replaced. Throttle cable, 2011 TPS sensor, ECM, and the entire wire harness. Still didn't work.Tried a 2012 TPS sensor( guess built different) and so far no code in 600 + km.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Electronic Throttle Control Switch (ETC) /
Throttle Cable Adjustment
NOTE: Sportsman XP requires a new adjustment procedure.
1. Slide the boot back far enough to expose the inline cable adjuster sleeve and loosen the adjuster locknut.
2. Remove the (4) screws and cover from the RH control.
3. With handlebars centered and wheels pointing forward, slowly turn the adjuster sleeve counter-clockwise (out) just until the gap is removed between the throttle arm and the throttle arm stop (see illustration below).
NOTE: While moving the adjuster sleeve, “flip” the throttle lever slightly to remove slack in the cable.
4. Turn the cable adjuster sleeve clockwise (in) 1.5 - 2 turns; tighten locknut and reinstall boot. After this adjustment there should be .079-.118” (2-3 mm) gap between throttle arm and throttle arm stop.
5. Reinstall the RH control cover and ensure the O-ring is properly in place. Securely tighten the (4) screws.
6. Place the vehicle in PARK and start the engine. Turn the handlebars from full left to full right while listening for any change in engine speed. If engine speed changes, loosen the locknut and turn the adjuster sleeve clockwise (in) an additional 1/2 turn and repeat this step.

Sounds like the ETC switch is out of adjustment. I adjust mine every 25hrs.

12 850EPS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts