Polaris ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Get Ready! The October 2013 Polaris ATV of the month contest is starting RIGHT NOW! This month we are looking for the best photo that features your Polaris ATV. So get out there, get creative, enjoy some safe riding and take some photos! We welcome everyone including vendors to participate. The winner of the contest is decided by you the community, so stick around for the voting process.

• The photo must be uploaded to the PolarisATVForums.com Photo Gallery.
  • A link to the photo must be submitted to this thread.
  • Only one picture will be allowed, so make it your best!
  • You must be the owner of the Polaris ATV.
  • Please include a description of your ATV with a list of all modifications and enhancements.

Voting will begin October 15th, 2013 and run for 10 days. Once the voting ends we will publish the winning photos on the front page and the winners will also receive:

• PolarisATVForums Stickers
    [*]Premium Membership
    [*]$25 Gift Card to Motosport.com

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

And yes I am physically stuck and needed to be pulled out first, LOL.

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cool Sickpup. Were you riding on the ice?
Yeah. This was last February.
We went to the Lake George Winter Carnival Saturday and rode the lake then went to Sacandaga Sunday. The ice was 20+" thick.

We rode 71 miles on Lake Sacandaga that day.
Here's the map
http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%2Fms%3Fie%3DUTF8%26oe%3DUTF8%26msa%3D0%26msid%3D202657095092416805673.0004d70db8ad51850812e&h=DAQHTDoQJ&enc=AZN-fKs47ax7dHS79Porr0Gg5GCt0aWnxru6zcTe_J6K1I2hsZH3yIm-ItNUAu17UGAP-fswIyI8Pg2GD-XKoLwR&s=1

·
Registered
361 Posts
I live an hour south of Albany. Locally we ride powerlines but also travel to different atv parks

·
Registered
944 Posts
Wow. You're kinda far away. FWIW, I've been told one must be extremely careful on the ice at Sacandaga. Reason being it's a reservoir lake and it's water level can fluctuate considerably. That leaves the ice, no matter how thick, unsupported. Very dangerous. That's one big lake and falling in that far from shore or help...... bad juju amigo.

I know some people do snowmobile on it. Every so often they fall in.

Just a heads up.

·
Registered
79 Posts

2013 550 x2
only mods this far have been 3000k hids & Polaris 2500# winch

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah Fly I know it gets hairy on that lake crossing the ice heaves is the worst. We go with some local guys from up there that really know the lake. Even so we are still really cautious especially when by the river side.
Thansk for the look out though!

·
Registered
361 Posts
You bet. Just making sure.

Contact me next spring if you wanna ride my club's trails. They're pretty nice......
Cool thanks for the invite! I'm always up for riding new trails.
I'll keep in touch!

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered