Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's becoming like a every time I plow occurrence for me now. I purchased a synthetic rope cable that I'm going to be installing to get rid of the 90 that has formed from only a foot of the cable being out at a time. My question is what else can I do to prevent the hook from going into the rollers and housing and getting stuck? Is there like a metal ball I can clamp on?

It's like a 10 minute fix every time it happens trying to get the blots out of the rollers with a plow in your way.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have seen some here just use a old hockey puck..lol....and for plowing just go to wal mart an get a boat trailer winch strap..its 10.99..take cable off for winter an use that....its 20 feet long an has a hook on it....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I use dog Kongs, the small ones. I previously used tennis balls. Kongs work best for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I use dog Kongs, the small ones. I previously used tennis balls. Kongs work best for me.
I've got the small one of these in black on mine. just put a little bit of oil in the Kong to lube it and pulled the rope through with needle nose pliers. No need to completely unwind the cable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I always used a short cable for plowing. I would take off the long one and put on a short 5 footer. Personally I don't like rope.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I put a tennis ball on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
Chicken hawk that's what my guy at the Polaris dealership did for us. Bump stop of a shock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Winch stop. Good idea to use a big fender washer in between the hook and the stopper.

good idea! i ripped right through my winch stopped because the hook came off the plow and i didnt know it, sucked the cable clamps right through the rubber and split it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ditto on the Kong. I have one of the big red ones on my quad. It matches the body plastic. :p

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Winch-saver with washer behind hook.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes Clinebo is correct. Put a washer in between the Winchsaver and the hook and you're good to go. I used one of those heavy galvanized washers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts