Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading north next weekend for 4 day boys trip. We would like to try something new from our usual northwoods get away in the Dunbar - Florence area.

Any suggestions on where to go as well as a camp site that can take a 40 foot rig + trailer?

Thanks,

Thor

·
Registered
455 Posts
The wife and I are heading to hurley over labor day weekend

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
269 Posts
You could hit the pipeline down by Mountain. Lots of good trails and mud holes on the pipeline. Its not to far from Dunbar. That's where I get my good pics and video from. We love it out there. Plenty of water and mud as of last weekend we were up there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Maple heights camp ground in Lakewood is a great place to stay. The trail is right across the road. Dusty trails is the name of the trail system and trust me it gets dusty but fun.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Dunbar

We are heading north next weekend for 4 day boys trip. We would like to try something new from our usual northwoods get away in the Dunbar - Florence area.

Thor,

How far is Dunbar from you? I'm just South of you by about 45 minutes and my buddy and I were thinking of hitting Dunbar this Fall or Winter. Or, maybe Black River Falls. Suggestions or advice on either? How far of a drive is it for you? I'm in Willowbrook. Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dunbar is just over 4hrs from the Antioch, Lake Villa area. The wife and I went there last November. Nice trails. We did 120 miles through the woods. Very cool. Easy trails.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Dunbar

Dunbar is just over 4hrs from the Antioch, Lake Villa area. The wife and I went there last November. Nice trails. We did 120 miles through the woods. Very cool. Easy trails.
Good to know, thank you. Where did you guys stay? Camp, hotel? Could we make a long weekend out of it or is it good enough just for a day?

·
Registered
264 Posts
We stayed at the motel in Dunbar. The trail is right there too. We only rode one day. Drove up friday after work, rode saturday and then came home sunday. We celebrated our 5th anniversary up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts