Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2010 850XP LE last year. Absolutely love the machine! I recently came across some friends within the ATV community, which suggest SEVERAL ideas for me. I have my digger serviced from the dealership as recommended by the manuel. Alright - heres my point. I asked the mechanic about purchasing tires. They said buying bigger tires will cause the wheel bearings and possibly the axle to go out quick! I do not ride anything else other than hard pack dirt until we find the next mud hole. Asphault is not in my world! My buddy suggested purchasing a clutch kit in conjunction with my tires. I do not want to lift my digger...nor do I want to cut fenders or floor boards like Ive seen some do within this forum. I do however want to purchase some mud tires and the Silver Backs isn't it! Now - tire size. I wish to go up in size...but I don't want to put strain on my digger. If you have any suggestions - I'm all ears!

2010 Polaris 850XP LE
front & rear bumpers
front & rear A arm covers (metal)

·
Registered
850 Posts
go with 27" tires on the stock wheel or a wheel with the same offset, dont use spacers, thats where you run into trouble with bearings, unless you go real big then weight is a factor too on top off offset etc...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just put a set of 26" zillas on my 850....wishing I had gone with the 27 or 28".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Do u like the zillas? I was thinking about 28s but wasn't sure if I would need a clutch kit or not so I just went 27

2013 850ho

·
Registered
177 Posts
LOVE the Zillas so far...I don't notice any change in performance over the 489s. And wayyyyyyyyyy more traction. In addition I don't notice the front end dive on hard cornering anymore. Time will tell on how they wear.

I am seriously considering buying a set of 28s and putting the 26s on the wife's machine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
269 Posts
You could do 28" superatv Terminators. They have 2" lugs. I have 29.5s and they are the smoothest riding mud tire I've owned. If you get a clutch kit go with a quad shop customs clutch. They have great clutches and great customer service.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I purchased my 2010 850XP LE last year. Absolutely love the machine! I recently came across some friends within the ATV community, which suggest SEVERAL ideas for me. I have my digger serviced from the dealership as recommended by the manuel. Alright - heres my point. I asked the mechanic about purchasing tires. They said buying bigger tires will cause the wheel bearings and possibly the axle to go out quick! I do not ride anything else other than hard pack dirt until we find the next mud hole. Asphault is not in my world! My buddy suggested purchasing a clutch kit in conjunction with my tires. I do not want to lift my digger...nor do I want to cut fenders or floor boards like Ive seen some do within this forum. I do however want to purchase some mud tires and the Silver Backs isn't it! Now - tire size. I wish to go up in size...but I don't want to put strain on my digger. If you have any suggestions - I'm all ears!

2010 Polaris 850XP LE
front & rear bumpers
front & rear A arm covers (metal)
I have a 2012 850 xp with 28 inch mud lites put on at the dealer no problems just put your shocks up a notch or 2!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you want to be a serious mud rider I wouldn't bother with mud lites they are choppy and wear fast. Check out Coming Soon they have great deals on tires. Gorillas 30" tires shipped to your door for $714 which is cheapest I found.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well that website I gave you is under construction so I would still go with a tire with better lugs than the mud lites. Aka 28" outlaw2s, gorillas, moto monsters, terminators. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
if your going to go with 28" tires or larger you really should re-clutch for the extra weight and tire size.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Best clutch kits for 850s is the Quad shop customs clutch kit. Most guys on here that are running 850s use the Quad shop customs clutch kit. Just ask around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts