Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am needing to replace the carb due to the elements and gas eating away at the finish. The top will not even screw on anymore and I had to place tape on the threads in order for the top to somewhat screw on and stay put. The previous owner also stripped one of the screws that holds the bowl on.

Does anyone know which, if any, ebay carbs would work as a direct replacement? I'm aware the jets will need to be replaced and possibly the needle. I have not found any info as to whether or not any VM series sold on ebay/amazon are suitable replacements.

Thanks,

Victor

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Do a search on Ebay for your machine....1996 Polaris Explorer.....you will get every part you could imagine. You can narrow it down by adding....Carburetor...at the end. You will get all the carb related stuff that is listed. I would suggest you stay away from the cheap new ones. If you can get a good used piece for a fair price. Powersports Nation is one of the used parts dealers I have dealt with and trust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the tip on the particular vendor.
I wanted to try and stay away from used carbs but perhaps that might be the safer route when it comes to fit and interchangeability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts