Polaris ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like some of you may know I bought a new Polaris sportsman 570efi on valentines day here in Ontario and I got it on sale for $6699 regular $7399 and now I checked kijiji and the new dealership ad for my quad says $6199!!!! I'm sooo pissed! The salesperson who is really close to a family member who reccomended me told me $6699 would be the best deal until fall when the 2015's come out! Now they are selling them for $369 cheaper OTD than I paid and with a free additional 6 month warranty! So my question is , are there any ways I can take advantage of this deal even though I purchased it before? Is it like walmart where I can bring in my receipt and get a price adjustment and have the warranty expanded after all I believe Polaris is bank rolling this whole march sales event so could the dealership help me out in order to keep a customer happy? So angry now that I found out I feel like I've been shot lol.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
does not hurt to try...see what they say....they may blow smoke up your as saying this is a sales event going on now..you bought before it..or they may just give you the warranty,,maybe both...

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If nothing else the dealer should give you the difference in accessories or a service credit, our something along those lines. It's only been 3 weeks.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If nothing else the dealer should give you the difference in accessories or a service credit, our something along those lines. It's only been 3 weeks.
Ya no kidding I like the accessory idea I'll call and ask, I knew something was fishy when I went to buy some oil a few days ago they where closing and the guy unlocked to make the sale but didn't turn the lights on so I wouldn't see all the redtags hanging off the handle bars I mean geez, if he can't honor the accessory idea or give some sort of compensation since he lied to me I'll just tell him I'll shop elsewhere since I have a local dealer, I only went there because I was reccomended to go there.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I'd ask for the money back first and use the accessories as a backup plan. With the markup in the accessories it will only cost them about 50-60% of the actual cash value. Then you can take the cash to a more honest dealer.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
You can try talk to your salesman..... but likely they won't be able to do anything about it as it's a new promotion and you bought prior. A day or two early is one thing, but weeks later is another. But as Ryan (Ridin') suggested the best idea.... see if they could do a store credit for you of $300-350. :dunno:

Sorry kid.... But, "That's how the cookie crumbles!"

Usually, Spring and Fall are the two major times Polaris runs promotions and rebates.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Ask nicely

you never know what you'll get. Not to make you madder but i've got to suspect 3 weeks ago they knew about this upcoming sale. I've been in the retail biz, sometimes we knew 1 year ahead of sales. I would tell folks if a given item they wanted but were hesitant on cuz of price was going on sale in the next month or two, i'd write it down on my card and they would return on time.

But yeah, just keep your cool and ask in a calm voice for what you want and smile. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you never know what you'll get. Not to make you madder but i've got to suspect 3 weeks ago they knew about this upcoming sale. I've been in the retail biz, sometimes we knew 1 year ahead of sales. I would tell folks if a given item they wanted but were hesitant on cuz of price was going on sale in the next month or two, i'd write it down on my card and they would return on time.

But yeah, just keep your cool and ask in a calm voice for what you want and smile. :veryhappy:
I already know they knew about this promotion, they just didn't say anything because they wanted to make the sale as soon as possible, oh well I sent them an email asking if they would rather make the price adjustment in accessories or cash and I know if they are smart and want to make that snowmobile sale this fall they will give me this $369 either in store credit or cash. That was extremely sneaky on their part.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
No point being pissed.......contact your sales guy, keep your cool.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Also I would not talk on the phone..better face to face....its so easy to blow you off on the phone...that way if your there ..and salesman does nothing..ask to talk to manager....

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Lots of good advice so far. Keep a cool demeaner, explain ur points, try to get the money then store credit if cash won't exchange hands. Also if u r def buying the sled tell them (the owner) to make it up to u then if they aren't budging on the prior deal. Do it all in person, it always works better mono e mono. In my dealings with dealerships its best to work with the actual decision makers, they are typically the ones looking out for the business long term wise. Also u have to be cool people react and think better when all parties are calm. Hey and if it doesn't work out and u aren't able to recoup any of ur money then that dealership and the employees have showed their hand and saved u more money in the long run.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you may be assigning the salesman a level of intelligence he may not possess.
I'm not sure I know exactly what your saying, do you mean because I'm assuming he will honor me and give me a store credit in order to make a sale months later? Because he already knows I'm only 14 and the manager for my own landscape business so he sees dollar signs every time he sees me since he knows I need yard equipment (which he sells) and I told him I'll be looking for a sled in fall. So I was assuming that he would know that $369 in store credits is a small price to pay if he wants to sell a sled for 9k and thousands in power equipment.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also I would not talk on the phone..better face to face....its so easy to blow you off on the phone...that way if your there ..and salesman does nothing..ask to talk to manager....
I know what your saying problem is I live an hour and a half away from the dealership and don't have my own wheels, so I only go there once a month, also its a family owned business so if the salesman blows me off there's no manager to talk to lol.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lots of good advice so far. Keep a cool demeaner, explain ur points, try to get the money then store credit if cash won't exchange hands. Also if u r def buying the sled tell them (the owner) to make it up to u then if they aren't budging on the prior deal. Do it all in person, it always works better mono e mono. In my dealings with dealerships its best to work with the actual decision makers, they are typically the ones looking out for the business long term wise. Also u have to be cool people react and think better when all parties are calm. Hey and if it doesn't work out and u aren't able to recoup any of ur money then that dealership and the employees have showed their hand and saved u more money in the long run.
Okay thanks for the good advice, I'm not really expecting them to reply to the email since its easier to delete it than de with it but I'm just hoping I can make it in there before march ends as so does the promotion, I also don't have my own wheels and the dealerships 1 ½ away. I have a dealing Kevin will make the right decision since im his free advertising to many quadding buddies but if he doesn't than your right he'll be saving me money in the long run! Then I'll get a head start on saving for a 2015 vette!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Okay thanks for the good advice, I'm not really expecting them to reply to the email since its easier to delete it than de with it but I'm just hoping I can make it in there before march ends as so does the promotion, I also don't have my own wheels and the dealerships 1 ½ away. I have a dealing Kevin will make the right decision since im his free advertising to many quadding buddies but if he doesn't than your right he'll be saving me money in the long run! Then I'll get a head start on saving for a 2015 vette!

Not being mean here but your 14 and going to buy a 2015 vette going for about 70 grand here in the states? Your crazy kid save your money and buy your first house with out financing through a bank now that is something to save for.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Not being mean here but your 14 and going to buy a 2015 vette going for about 70 grand here in the states? Your crazy kid save your money and buy your first house with out financing through a bank now that is something to save for.
House and school has already been accounted for I'll need wheels for school and work so I can make money and buy a house later on, and for the eight years I'll be in school I will have plenty of time to save for a house. One thing is for sure I won't be the kind of kid with a credit card and a ton of loans because if you can't afford it you shouldn't be buying it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Cubby, a house doesn't get you laid, a vette does. Lol

Get there asap and take care of it. You wait to long and they are less likely to do anything as you will sound les concerned the longer you wait.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
You realize your talking about 5% of the total sale price? $500 and maybe you have a gripe, but I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Give it a shot so your don't kick yourself for not trying later, but there are so many variables in a dealership and the amount is rather small compared to the total price. The dealer could be close enough to moving enough units this month to qualify for a better incentive, Polaris could have changed their rebates, they may have a large payment coming up on the units they have in house, etc.

Go ride it some more, then you won't care about the price so much.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Young, dumb, and full of Cum....

deal face to face. If you need a ride from someone, get a ride. deal face to face. having someone over 18 there will help your case. Especially if they look like they know what they're talking about. you're 14 and you've got money. You're a mark for a salesman if ever I've seen one. you need back up kid.

and forgo the vette. get a convertible Camaro save some scratch and get more chicks than the vette would net. Just make sure it's black and Yellow. that's the only way girls your age would recognize the car anyway.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.