Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your opinions here guys, super atv 6” lift and I keep destroying cv boots every ride. I have limit straps on the front shocks but not on the rear. Not going through the mud, just trail rides and it’s been warm every time I’ve gone out. I even lowered the lift so the axles aren’t at a crazy angle. I’m thinking the shocks might be worn out and it’s causing to much travel, any input would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
3,197 Posts
What axles are you running? Do they match the 6" lift? Hopefully they are not OEM?

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Have you contacted SUPER ATV with your issue? Are the axle boots rubbing on something? Post up a picture of the angle

Reactions: Luann

·
Registered
10,701 Posts
It's not the movement, it's the angle - rigid the suspension so the axles are straight all the time and the boots will last the life of the machine baring damage from external sources.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Looks to me like it's simply pulling off. It looks as if when the machine is lifting up after going over a bump it's simply just pulling the rubber away from the joint, as if the axles are too short

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are the axles designed for the lift. Confirmed with super atv the the axles for the lift are the same size as the rzr 900. I have limit straps on the front and the front boots are wrecked as well.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Are all the boots wrecking in the same way? Are they pulling loose from underneath the strap?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kind of. Some are ripped to shreds and others are leaking from around the clamp. Put a brand new axle on the front and the boots are toast on it. Only went for a trail ride in the snow

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
842 Posts
brysn424 is selling his 6” SATV lift in the parts forum. He also has torn boots. Maybe PM him and see if it’s a recurring problem for him as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts